Rory not Aurora?

Having doubts about my [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u], nobody seems to love it as much as I do :frowning_face:
What’s your favourite way to get [name_u]Rory[/name_u]?
Not [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (hard for me to say), [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] (Too [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls) or [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (veto)

Rosemary is an option, possibly [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] or [name_u]Mallory[/name_u], any other ideas?

Well, honestly, I think [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is gorgeous! [name_u]Rory[/name_u] works fine as a nn; it just doesn’t feel as intuitive as other nicknames (like [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] or something). But that doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t use it!

Would you consider using [name_u]Rory[/name_u] on its own?

1 Like

any name with the or sound

Elora
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

1 Like

My favorites are [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] (stretch).

1 Like

I like [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]

Maybe [name_f]Astoria[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Eliora[/name_f], [name_u]Emory[/name_u], [name_f]Liora[/name_f], [name_f]Soraya[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]?

1 Like

Eliora is my favorite full name!

2 Likes

No I’d only use it as a nickname, I just feel like I’d have to explain it to everyone

1 Like

Oh I love [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]!
Had [name_f]Asterope[/name_f] on my list for a while but would never be brave enough to use it, [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] is a nice middle ground

1 Like

Thank you!
I think my hesitation is because there is no second r sound, feel like I’d have to constantly explain its in the middle name for it to make sense
I do love [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] though!

Thank you!
[name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] just doesn’t feel intuitive at all, feel like I’d constantly have to explain that the second r sound comes from the middle name, [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] might be a better option

1 Like

I was going to suggest [name_f]Astoria[/name_f].

I read [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] is a full name for [name_u]Rory[/name_u] also.

There’s also [name_f]Rochelle[/name_f], [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]/Lenora, [name_f]Oriana[/name_f], or [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]?

I think its a little bit of a stretch unless you go with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] or [name_f]Loralei[/name_f] since the reason we all know [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is an acceptable nn is because of [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls. Nothing else seems super intuitive so I would keep [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] if you love it. Unless its your partner who doesn’t like it. If its other family or friends they will love the name once they meet it on your baby!

1 Like

Astoria is my favourite way to get to [name_u]Rory[/name_u] :blush:

1 Like

Why would you feel you have to explain anything? It’s a nickname. Nicknames can literally come from anywhere. [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] is a nickname for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and the only really recognizable sound they share is the g. [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is fine if that’s what you really love.

1 Like

Rosemary nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]!
I actually don’t think nicknames have to make sense…

1 Like