Rosalie Leialoha - too matchy w/ Violet Leilani??

With [name]Violet[/name], I prefer [name]Phoebe[/name], but [name]Catharine[/name] with this spelling, I think it’s because I don’t like K’s all that much. But if you’re going for [name]Kat[/name] as a nickname, I would probably use [name]Katharine[/name]. [name]Violet[/name], [name]Kat[/name] and [name]Alex[/name] are cute together. [name]Kitty[/name] would also be an adorable nickname.

im still feeling i might feel embarrassed to introduce them as [name]Alex[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name]…i know [name]Alex[/name] is classic and pretty common but hes a boy so idk its different…im feeling weird about [name]Phoebe[/name] still too…having one in the family already & all…so now im leaning towards [name]Rosalie[/name]. i had always shyed away from it before because it was great grandmothers name (who i adored and everyone else did too)…i just thought it would be weird to name one child after a family member and not the rest…and ppl would think it was too Twilight…but since wut led me to that name in the first place was to connect her to [name]Violet[/name]…and its sorta vintage but not too much and has a little whimsy…the great-grandma connection would just be an added bonus…so what do u think???

[name]Alexander[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Alex[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Noelani[/name] (last name starts with R and is spanish)

I’m personally not that fond of [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name] or any of the nicknames, especially [name]Kate[/name], which has been so overused. [name]Kit[/name] is nice, though.

I much prefer [name]Rosalie[/name], especially since it’s the name of an ancestor. I can’t see anything weird about giving one child a relative’s name without having the others named after someone. [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] sound wonderful together, and they both evoke a flowery image, but in an understated way. [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] sounds gorgeous to me!

I love [name]Rosalie[/name] with [name]Violet[/name]! And I think the pp’s suggestion of [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] is perfect. :smiley:

I love [name]Rosalie[/name] - I’d vote for it over [name]Katherine[/name] (even though I was a [name]Kat[/name] vote).

thank u! :slight_smile: my hubby has agreed to [name]Rosalie[/name] (although he’s talked into things fairly easily lol) anyone else see any issues w/ [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name]?? the mn we have picked is [name]Noelani[/name] although i’d like something shorter, hubby refuses Hoku :(…so i think i shall start a search for a simple Hawaiian middle name…thank u everyone for all the responses, you’ve all really helped me on this intense name search :smiley:

I have a good suggestion for a middle name it is Nami and it means wave, and it is prnd as Nah me. I thought it fitted into the Hawaiian theme. Bother [name]Rosalie[/name] Nami doesn’t have the right flow, well what about [name]Ciel[/name] which means sky, [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Ciel[/name]?

rollo :slight_smile:

hmm its def. pretty but i think its too close to my mn [name]Nani[/name] (kanani)…is [name]Ciel[/name] spanish or french?? its pretty too…flowy and simple… hawaiian is a must in the middle though…its hard finding a hawaiian middle, theyre all ridiculously long! lol

ok i know ive been posting obsessively, i will take a break after this one, promise :smiley: but i just came upon the name Leialoha (lay-a-lo-ha) i know its not short but i think its pretty…means beloved child…my daughter [name]Violet[/name]'s mn is [name]Leilani[/name] (child of heaven)…matchy much?? wdyt??

[name]Alexander[/name] Ikaika
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Leilani[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] Leialoha

I love [name]Rosalie[/name], so glad you’ve landed there!

[name]Rosalie[/name] Leialoha is a bit sing-songy I think but it is quite a beautiful name all together. If I were you, I’d keep looking for another middle but keep this one on the list!

[name]Ciel[/name] is the French word for sky.

I just researched Hawaaian names and the name [name]Alanna[/name] came up, [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Alanna[/name]?

I do think that [name]Rosalie[/name] Leialoha may be too matchy with [name]Violet[/name] [name]Leilani[/name], but I don’t mind [name]Rosalie[/name] with [name]Violet[/name]. If you really love it, then go for it, middle names are not used that often anyway, so I don’t think its a huge deal.

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Anela[/name] “[name]Angel[/name]”
[name]Rosalie[/name] Akela “[name]Happy[/name]”
[name]Rosalie[/name] Amana “Faithful”
[name]Rosalie[/name] Haloa “long life”
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Milena[/name] “beloved”
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Kai[/name] “ocean”

I actually love [name]Rosalie[/name] Hoku! :smiley: Too bad its out! :frowning:

Good luck!

No no, I think that it’s sweet for them both to have similar middle names, especially with similar meanings… although they also would both have flowery first names… I’m not sure :? . Leialoha is gorgeous though. I love Hoku too. It’s a shame you can’t use it :wink:

I also like [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Noelani[/name], is that still in? It’s lovely.

What about:
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Halia[/name] ‘Remembrance’
[name]Rosalie[/name] Ehu ‘Sea spray’
[name]Rosalie[/name] Alaula ‘[name]Light[/name] of dawn’
[name]Rosalie[/name] Wila ‘[name]Loyal[/name]’
[name]Rosalie[/name] Sasilvia ‘From the forest’
[name]Rosalie[/name] Ohana ‘Family’

I particularly like [name]Rosalie[/name] Sasilvia. It’s beautiful.

Hmm. Well, it’s extremely matchy, yeah. Are you planning to have any more chilldren? What would you name them? [name]Even[/name] if you’re not planning for more, it can happen, so I’d make sure there was another name that at least is pretty close to those two that you would use. I think if you can commit to the matchiness for any future children, go for it. I would pick a different middle name, though, myself. [name]Rosalie[/name] is a perfect match for [name]Violet[/name]!

Why not anglise the names eg Ohana would be [name]Hannah[/name], combo [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Hannah[/name], that is a good combo.