Rosalie

DH and I are trying to pick out a girl name for our future child and we have been tossing around the name [name]Rosalie[/name].

I love it and think it is the same category with a lot of names from our grandmother’s generation that now sound sweet and feminine but not flakey.

What do you think?

I love the name [name]Rosalie[/name]. Also love [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosamond[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Rosemary[/name]. And Rosamel.

I love the name. It’s a very pretty name. The only draw back is that it was a character in the super popular Twilight books.

I think [name]Rosalie[/name] is great ([name]Rose[/name], too), and I’ve never read the Twilight books or seen the movie. I grew up with a lovely [name]Rosalie[/name], which makes me love the name even more.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I think it’s gorgeous. My grandma’s middle name is [name]Rose[/name] and I’ve been considering [name]Rosalie[/name] to honor her. It’s so happy. I don’t see why the character from Twilight should have any negative effect on the name, it certainly isn’t hurting [name]Isabella[/name]!

Thanks for the input everybody!

As far as the Twilight connection goes, I think it actually helps the name not seem so old. I know that the character isn’t the nicest, but at least she is pretty. = )

I think it’s a very sweet name :slight_smile: When I was at university, one of my first teaching tutors was a [name]Rosalie[/name], so I have a soft spot for that name :slight_smile:

[name]Gracie[/name]