Rosaura

Hello everyone!

I found the name Rosaura today, and I actually really like it. I love the idea of the nickname [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], and a lot of other [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names have too many similar sounds to the last name: Rums3y.

The middle name I’m thinking of is [name_f]Juna[/name_f], which doesn’t have the best flow, but it is meaningful (a smush of our mothers’ names).

What do you think of Rosaura? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer another [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name, even if it shares similar sounds with the last name?

Thank you!

1 Like

I like Rosaura, but not so much with [name_f]Juna[/name_f] or your last name. What about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Juna[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Junia[/name_f] Rum…? I like both of these quite a bit. You could also move [name_f]Juna[/name_f] or [name_f]Junia[/name_f] (I prefer the latter) to the fn and have [name_f]Juna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]? You could still use [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a nn for these. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] Rum… has a little too much rhyme for me (reminds me of a character in [name_f]Milly[/name_f]-[name_f]Molly[/name_f]-[name_u]Mandy[/name_u] or something)-- it’s not horrible and if you love it, then you should use it!

I just thought of Rosebel-- because it has a different ending, I think it works well with your last name-- Rosebel [name_f]Juna[/name_f] Rum… (although I’d do Rosebel [name_f]Junia[/name_f] Rum…).

Thanks for the feedback, davisellu. I think you’re right about it all just not working together. I would rather keep [name_f]Juna[/name_f]. It’s a combination of our mothers, names ([name_f]Judy[/name_f] and [name_f]Donna[/name_f]).

I do like the suggestion of [name_f]Rosalba[/name_f], I’ll have to mull it over.

I like it. It reminds me of dinosaurs. (I think that’s cool.)

I like the name Rosaura, I think it cooler sounding than [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

1 Like

I actually like Rosaura. Its got something a little more special than other [name_f]Rose[/name_f]- names.

1 Like

I have conflicted feelings towards that name. On the one hand, it sounds cool because of the -saura. And more modern that [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but on the other hand, I actually know a Rosaura and she’s a horse, so, not too awesome.

I don’t care for the similarity to “dinosaur.” Considering your surname and your middle name choice, I think plain [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be nicest.

Other variations I can think of are:
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

And these, though technically they usually have a “roz” sound instead of “rose”:
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
Rhoswen

I really like [name_f]Juna[/name_f]!

I prefer most ither [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names…

[name_f]Rosalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. I’ve been having some computer issues, which made it difficult to reply.

I really like the sound of [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], however with a last name Rums3y, I think it’s too many repeating sounds.

I do like just plain [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and names like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f].

I think none of them are flowing really well with [name_f]Juna[/name_f], so I think I’ll move my [name_f]Ros[/name_f]- name down the list, and keep searching for the first name for [name_f]Juna[/name_f].

Omg hi birdies! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is rosaura and my grandma is also named rosaura. [name_f]My[/name_f] name atleast from my culture means “array of roses”. Yes people bullied me comparing me to basura and a dinosaur in elementary but im proud of my name and love how different it is. I will pass on my name to my daughter in hopes she does the same. Hopefully im not too late for you to pick this name. lastly my mom saw sleeping beauty in Spanish, its one of her favorite movies, the name they call aurora in Spanish is similar to mine and that’s what made my mom same me [name_f]Rosaura[/name_f], not after my grandma. sorry for all the grammar errors i just got my nails done. have a good life may this message find you in good health.

1 Like

I would love to meet this horse :slight_smile:

1 Like