Rose? Is this overdone as a middle name, does is matter?

Doesn’t feel noteworthy as a middle but striking as a first.

1 Like

My middle name is [name_u]Louise[/name_u] which was the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] of my generation. It has never bothered me having a popular middle name!

1 Like

I think it is overdone and it bores me as a middle name. I know this is an unpopular opinion - sorry. But we complain about popularity of first names and then add [name_f]Rose[/name_f] to everything. It defeats the purpose to me.

I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first name though and love [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] as a middle. [name_m]Just[/name_m] in the middle spot [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is tired for me. I feel the same about [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_u]Marie[/name_u], and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] though. And I love [name_f]Grace[/name_f] but it got way too popular as a middle and a family member used it as a first so its now off limits unfortunately.

I also have a middle name myself that was used a ton in the 80s - [name_f]Renee[/name_f]- and didn’t like hearing it so often so maybe that’s why. I do love my middle name but just didn’t like that it wasn’t more original. I feel the same for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - I dont dislike the name itself but just that its used so frequently as a middle it feels like a filler middle name for me. [name_m]Just[/name_m] my personal opinion though. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] does sound lovely. I would love to see a different middle but there’s nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

I’ll be using it if I have a girl. It’s my sister [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]’s middle name as well. Mine is [name_u]Louise[/name_u], which is also SUPER common (less so now I think), but it doesn’t really affect anything. If you love it, go for it!

1 Like

I think it is popular for a reason! [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous! Some people throw it in as a filler middle but oh well. If you love it, go for it! Her name won’t be “just another one” because it has special meaning to you.

1 Like

Everyone makes such valid points thank you. You’ve given me a lot to think about it. Thanks

Yes, overdone, but still usable if you like it.

Thanks !! Xx this baby girl is hypothetical at the moment :rofl: but our TTC the third is just around the corner for us, so perhaps and maybe!?

1 Like

Rose is gorgeous I absolutely love this name so pretty, romantic and elegant. I have considered [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a middle just because I couldn’t use [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first and I absolutely love it. However I do feel that [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is overdone as a middle name. It’s just so common and predictable almost redundant. Similarly I also find hyphenated names including [name_f]Rose[/name_f] a little overdone too.

1 Like

Definitely used a lot, but I still love it. It’s my daughter’s middle name. I think it’s lovely and feminine and goes so well with so many names. I would consider it more of a popular classic than an overdone filler, honestly, but my opinion is likely not a common one.

2 Likes

I love the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Ended up using [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] for my daughter’s middle name because I had the same worry that [name_f]Rose[/name_f] was too common. I kind of regret using [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] as much as I like it.

1 Like