Rose & Ruby

Ruby [name_u]Simone[/name_u] was born [name_u]June[/name_u] 25 2020! [name_f]Sister[/name_f] for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]. We were truly not trying to match a name with sister [name_f]Rose[/name_f]… In fact, we were avoiding R names, or flower names, color red names, etc. But after months and months of not finding the right name for our second daughter, we decided to throw out all the rules we we told ourselves we had to follow. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] has been at the top of our list for years, but we nixed it because it broke our rules. Suddenly, it became the only name we truly loved. We love that a [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is one of the strongest natural gems - only a diamond is stronger! That level of strength seemed perfect for a baby born during a pandemic. It’s also a subtle nod to honest and nurturing Hogwarts gamekeeper Rubeus [name_m]Hagrid[/name_m]. Her middle, [name_u]Simone[/name_u], gives her the same amount of letters as her sister, and it means “heard,” which makes us feel like she’ll have a lot to say! We love our sibset, and I’m glad we broke our rules and followed our hearts.

20 Likes

Congratulations! It’s always good to follow your heart :heart: :rose: She and her sister both have lovely names,

1 Like

[name_m]How[/name_m] beautiful! Such a cool and classy choice. You definitely did the right thing in following your hearts. Congrats! :heart:

1 Like

So sweet! I love the story behind her name! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is so beautiful! Congratulations to you and your family!

1 Like

Congratulations on your little gem! Her name is adorable and elegant :heart_eyes: I am glad you followed your heart, and I looove her name! Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I think we did the right thing, too!

Thank you so much! We are so excited to have two girls!

1 Like

Awww our little gem… I love that!

Congratulations! :confetti_ball:
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] is a gorgeous name! Timeless, fresh and powerful. I love your girls’ names. They’re so so beautiful.
I love the history behind your lovely choice.

Good luck! Stay safe :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Thanks so much! I really wanted both of their names to be meaningful. <3

1 Like

Rose and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] are beautiful! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! I love her name.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you! We do too!

You chose a stunning name for your daughter!! What a beautiful sibset, too!! Congratulations and best of luck during these crazy times!! I’m so happy for your family!!

Those names go so well together. I feel torn about siblings with names that start with the same letter. Sometimes it seems over the top, but other times, it just melts my heart because they’re so sweet as a pair. I think you nailed it. :blush: