Rose?

I’m starting to love the name [name]Rose[/name]. The only thing is, it’s so popular, I’m beginning to consider other variants of it. Some of the names I listed below are versions of [name]Rose[/name] that I feel are less popular. not sure if I like any of them as much as [name]Rose[/name] though. I’d love some input, thanks.
[name]Rosalie[/name] (though I’m watching the whole Twilight thing very closely)
[name]Rosaelia[/name]
[name]Roslynn[/name] (pronounced [name]Rose[/name]-lynn)
[name]Rosanna[/name] (pronounced [name]Rose[/name]-anna)

If you find any others you think are nice as well, please list them. As for middle names, I have a few possibilities but I’m not sure if any of them feel quite right:
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] (family name)
[name]Marie[/name] (family name)
[name]Valeria[/name] (family name)
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]

Please comment. Thank You;)
Side Note: I’m not pregnant, just imagining future names for my future daughter:)!!

[name]Rose[/name] is one of my favorite names as well :). I think it is a gorgeous name. I don’t feel like it is too popular (not yet at least). I love the name [name]Rosalie[/name]. I think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] sounds beautiful!

[name]Rosaleen[/name] (Irish) and [name]Rosalind[/name] (English) are my favorite variants, especially [name]Rosaleen[/name] (pr rosa-LEEN)!

I love the name [name]Rosalie[/name]. I wouldn’t worry too much about the whole Twilight thing: some of my relatives think the name sounds too old-fashion, and it’s just not a popular name right now.

I too have come to love [name]Rose[/name] lately, alas hubby says it is too boring :(. I also like [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name] & Roseline.

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Rose[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] & [name]Rose[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] are pretty.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Rose[/name] as a first name, where it’s still (thankfully) not too popular (#344 in the U.S.). I love all [name]Rose[/name] names, but [name]Rose[/name] is my favorite because of its elegant simplicity.

My next favorite version is [name]Rosalie[/name], followed by Rosabel.

My favorite [name]Rose[/name] combos:

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosamond[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and others.
My favorite variation of [name]Rose[/name] is [name]Rosalie[/name] because of [name]Brian[/name] [name]Eno[/name]'s song by that name.
[name]Rosalie[/name], I’ve been waiting all summer,
Possibly years, I don’t know,
Since I just can’t remember
Longer than last [name]September[/name]
[name]Santiago[/name], under the volcano
Looks like a cushion on a seat (that’s my favorite line)

There is a post on pg. 2 of this board called “different roses”. It has several other [name]Rose[/name] names you might find attractive. Check it out!

If you like [name]Rose[/name], go with [name]Rose[/name]. It’s more popular as a middle name than a first, and it’s so lovely and classic.

But not [name]Rosanna[/name]. Some names benefit from being turned into songs, but not songs by Toto.

“Meet you all the way, [name]Rosanna[/name] yeah”

I also love the name [name]Rose[/name]. I’m naming my daughter [name]Primrose[/name] with the nn. [name]Rosie[/name].

Variants
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Rosella[/name] (I have a student named this)
[name]Rosamund[/name]

[name]Rose[/name] is not actually very popular as a fn, so I would definitely say that if you love it, go for it! I think it is a beautiful, feminine classic.

[name]Rosalie[/name] - due to Twilight and the proliference of -lee names, I do unfortunately think this one will become popular.
[name]Rosaelia[/name] - something about this looks a little off to me (I think it is all of the vowels), but that may well just be me. It has a pretty sound.
[name]Roslynn[/name] - I feel this may cause pronounciation issues (roz-lin), and I also feel it may be a trend name, as -lynn names are very popular at the moment … how about [name]Rosaline[/name] (roz-a-line), the Shakespearean woman who rejected [name]Romeo[/name]?
[name]Rosanna[/name] - I adore this one!

I second [name]Susan[/name]'s recommendation to go and look at the ‘different Roses’ thread - there are some gorgeous variations there.

[name]Juliet[/name] - I think [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] sounds lovely.
[name]Lucia[/name] - [name]Rosanna[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] would be my preferred combination with this one.
[name]Marie[/name] - [name]Rosaelia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is beautiful, or how about using [name]Rosemary[/name]/[name]Rosemarie[/name] as a fn?
[name]Valeria[/name] - [name]Rose[/name] [name]Valeria[/name] flows quite well, although this isn’t my favourite of your mn options.
[name]Valentina[/name] - [name]Rose[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] is so feminine and romantic - I adore it!
[name]Eleanor[/name] - I think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] is a beautiful, classic name.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the input! I’ve officially decided I really like the name [name]Rose[/name]: in fact, I love it! Thanks a lot everyone, your opinions are really helpful :slight_smile:

I love several [name]Rose[/name] names.

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - if it’s good enough for sleeping beauty… :slight_smile:
[name]Rosemary[/name] - the essential oil, the '50s feel, mmm
[name]Rosalie[/name] - it’s just pretty, even if it’s not popular!
[name]Rosaleen[/name] - I can like this because I like [name]Rosalie[/name].