Round One

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone”

Okay I thought I would share our preliminary list. We are just now TTC but have had a name list going since we got married two years ago.

Our last name starts with a P and also has a strong R and K sound.

Middle names are family names but the combos can change for the boys ([name]Mark[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name]. Also could use [name]Lawrence[/name], [name]Lee[/name], [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Gregory[/name] but prefer [name]Mark[/name]/[name]Matthew[/name] if our first is a boy.)

List goes from most favorite at the top.

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] (we both love this and it is the clear front runner and has been for some time)

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett (I [name]LOVE[/name] this, Hubby is okay but not in love)

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (As a redhead we have a chance at having our own ”little redhead”. I loved this name before knowing the meaning, but love it even more now! ” only thing is that my 6 month old nephew”s name is [name]James[/name] [name]Bowen[/name] but they call him [name]Bo[/name]. Is that weird to pick a name that rhymes with [name]Bowen[/name]?)

[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Mark[/name] / [name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] / [name]Luca[/name] [name]Mark[/name] ([name]Love[/name] [name]Luke[/name], but concerned slightly with the K sounds in first and last name, especially when you say it without the middle name, as this will be what he is called by most people in life. Also, is [name]Bo[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] waaay too reminiscent of Dukes of [name]Hazzard[/name]? My hubby thinks that is kind of cute, but we need honesty here!)

[name]Marek[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] (Hubby is of Czech descent and his dad”s name is [name]Mark[/name], [name]Marek[/name] is the Czech version of [name]Marek[/name]” [name]LOVE[/name] it BUT, my husband”s name is [name]Derek[/name]” so is [name]Marek[/name] too rhymey? Or just too confusing with a difficult last name like ours?)

[name]Thos[/name] are the favs, but others in the next tier are:
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Mark[/name]
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Mark[/name]
[name]Robson[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Robby[/name] (Hubby loves this, I am not crazy about [name]Robby[/name])
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Mark[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] ([name]Reed[/name] is a family name on my step-mom”s side” I feel it would be wrong to honor step family before real family… but is does it honor only if we spell it [name]Reed[/name]?)
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Dane[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]

Girls:
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]
[name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] (We both [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Andie[/name], but struggle a little with the full name” I don”t like [name]Andrea[/name] so these were the two next best fit I could come up with.)

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (I had not thought about using this for a girl until I saw another post, but I think it”s very cute!)

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (A little more serious than the others)

[name]Remi[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Remi[/name] but am not sure if it can stand on its own or if it needs a longer name. If so, WHAT?)

[name]Avery[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (We both like [name]Elliott[/name] for a girl, thoughts?)

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (Again, okay for a girl?)

So” there is round one” let me know your thoughts on those and if you have any others that I might want to consider! You guys ARE the experts!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]- love this, nice, strong boys name. can’t really go wrong with this one.

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett- ooh, i like this a lot! so handsome, especially with the nickname Rett! [name]Both[/name] middle names sound great with it, but I think my vote is for [name]Mark[/name].

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - [name]Rowan[/name] is really cute, and I much prefer it for a boy. Especially cool since you have red hair. Does your nephew go by [name]Bowen[/name] or just [name]Bo[/name]? If it’s just [name]Bo[/name], I’d say it’s ok… but if they call him [name]Bowen[/name], yeah, I think it’d be a little weird, since they’ll be rather close in age. [name]Do[/name] you see him a lot? That makes a difference.

[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Mark[/name] / [name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] / [name]Luca[/name] [name]Mark[/name]- hmm, I would be concerned about the K sound, too. these are all great names, you just need to decide how much that would bother you… it would bother me, especially with [name]Mark[/name] in the middle.

[name]Marek[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]- I really like [name]Marek[/name], but not so much with dad named [name]Derek[/name]. What about as a middle name? [name]Charles[/name] [name]Marek[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marek[/name], I think those are really nice!

[name]Ian[/name] [name]Mark[/name]- i can take or leave [name]Ian[/name]
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Mark[/name]- i like it
[name]Robson[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Robby[/name]- I prefer [name]Robert[/name], but I’m with you on [name]Robby[/name].
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Mark[/name]- i like others on your list much better, this is dated
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]- ditto
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]- to me, it would still be honoring. how about [name]Reeve[/name]?
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]- I like [name]Miles[/name], a lot more popular than most of your other choices.
[name]Dane[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]- don’t really like this one

Girls:
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]- Very pretty
[name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]- I don’t particularly like [name]Adrienne[/name]. I think nearly any An name could be called [name]Andie[/name], even the simple [name]Anne[/name]. [name]Amanda[/name] works well, too.

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name]- I’m not really into unisex names, but this is cute for a girl. I still much prefer it for boys, though.

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name]- a lot simpler than all your other names, very nice though.

[name]Remi[/name] [name]Marie[/name]- it’s too nicknamey for me, but I can’t think of a longer name for it.

[name]Avery[/name] [name]Marie[/name]- a little trendy

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name]- ok, I normally don’t like unisex names, but this is cute! This is my favorite of your girls!

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Marie[/name]- definitely ok for a girl, I like it.

[name]Everett[/name] is my pick for a boy, [name]Elliot[/name] for a girl. I’m really loving [name]Everett[/name]!

Some ways to get to [name]Andie[/name]-
[name]Andromeda[/name]- this is a character on [name]Kyle[/name] XY, who goes by [name]Andie[/name]
[name]Ananda[/name]- Hindi name that means “bliss”
[name]Andorra[/name]
[name]Andrelle[/name]
[name]Andressa[/name]
[name]Andrette[/name]
[name]Andretta[/name]
[name]Andzela[/name]
[name]Andris[/name]

Middle names are family names but the combos can change for the boys ([name]Mark[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name]. Also could use [name]Lawrence[/name], [name]Lee[/name], [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Gregory[/name] but prefer [name]Mark[/name]/[name]Matthew[/name] if our first is a boy.)

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] - love this. But I’m thinking that perhaps it’s a bit “r” heavy with your last name. Since both [name]Charles[/name] and your last name have two syllables, it would be great to have a middle name with either one syllable or three or more syllables. [name]Charles[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (P----) is kind of staid. But it is handsome.

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] is really good with your last name. Not so many “r’s”. A variety of syllables.

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (As a redhead we have a chance at having our own ”little redhead”. I loved this name before knowing the meaning, but love it even more now! ” only thing is that my 6 month old nephew”s name is [name]James[/name] [name]Bowen[/name] but they call him [name]Bo[/name]. Is that weird to pick a name that rhymes with [name]Bowen[/name]?) I think it would be a little odd to have their names rhyme since they are first cousins.

[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Mark[/name] / [name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] / [name]Luca[/name] [name]Mark[/name] ([name]Love[/name] [name]Luke[/name], but concerned slightly with the K sounds in first and last name, especially when you say it without the middle name, as this will be what he is called by most people in life. Also, is [name]Bo[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] waaay too reminiscent of Dukes of [name]Hazzard[/name]? My hubby thinks that is kind of cute, but we need honesty here!) Yeah, [name]Luke[/name] with your last name is tricky. [name]Don[/name]'t really like the combo. But I love the name [name]Luke[/name] so much! There are some names that I really love that don’t work with my last name either. Like [name]Lucy[/name]. Everyone has this problem.

[name]Marek[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] (Hubby is of Czech descent and his dad”s name is [name]Mark[/name], [name]Marek[/name] is the Czech version of [name]Marek[/name]” [name]LOVE[/name] it BUT, my husband”s name is [name]Derek[/name]” so is [name]Marek[/name] too rhymey? Or just too confusing with a difficult last name like ours?) I’m liking this! But too “r” heavy. Would use a different middle name. Well, actually it doesn’t sound bad. What do the other posters think? The “n” in [name]Lawrence[/name] helps soften everything.

[name]Ian[/name] [name]Mark[/name] - [name]Ian[/name] seems a bit dated.
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Mark[/name] - sounds good with your last name but I would change it to [name]Reese[/name] [name]Matthew[/name].
[name]Robson[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Robby[/name] (Hubby loves this, I am not crazy about [name]Robby[/name]) I don’t really like [name]Robby[/name], either.
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Mark[/name] - a bit dated
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] - definitely dated. Very trendy thirty years ago.
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] ([name]Reed[/name] is a family name on my step-mom”s side” I feel it would be wrong to honor step family before real family… but is does it honor only if we spell it [name]Reed[/name]?) I really like [name]Reed[/name] [name]Matthew[/name].
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] - sounds good with your last name, and I love both names [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Lawrence[/name]. [name]Lawrence[/name] of [name]Arabia[/name] - incredible film!
[name]Dane[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - I like some of your other choices more than [name]Dane[/name], but [name]Dane[/name] does work with your last name.

Girls:
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] - “R” heavy. I would use a different middle name. [name]Love[/name] [name]Andie[/name] as a nn for [name]Alexandra[/name]. Could also use [name]Alessandra[/name] - less common than [name]Alexandra[/name].
[name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] (We both [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Andie[/name], but struggle a little with the full name” I don”t like [name]Andrea[/name] so these were the two next best fit I could come up with.) I love [name]Adrienne[/name]! But I would use a different middle because of the “r” situation.

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (I had not thought about using this for a girl until I saw another post, but I think it”s very cute!) rhymes with Bowan. Are these two cousins going to see a lot of each other?

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (A little more serious than the others) “R” heavy

[name]Remi[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Remi[/name] but am not sure if it can stand on its own or if it needs a longer name. If so, WHAT?) [name]Remi[/name] is pretty, can’t figure out a longer name. [name]Marie[/name] “r” problem again. Three two syllable names. Thought about it. What about [name]Remi[/name] as a nickname for [name]Rosamond[/name]? Why not? It’s a free country. [name]Rosamond[/name] sounds very nice with your last name, but don’t like it with middle name [name]Marie[/name].

[name]Avery[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - [name]Avery[/name] has a pretty sound with your last name.

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (We both like [name]Elliott[/name] for a girl, thoughts?) I like [name]Ellery[/name] better. A bit more feminine.

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (Again, okay for a girl?) This would work for a girl and sounds nice with your last name. Are you going to have more children? If you name your daughter [name]Reese[/name], then that will really affect what you name your other kids.

If you are drawn to the middle name [name]Marie[/name] because of honoring reasons, then stay with it. Otherwise I would choose a middle name that doesn’t have an “r”. I can tell that you love the sound “r”. I love it, too. [name]Both[/name] my kids have “r’s” in their first names. But “r” is a very strong sound, so I think that it should be used sparingly and not in every one of their names.

[name]Rosamond[/name] [name]Louise[/name] P----- nn [name]Remi[/name]
[name]Marek[/name] [name]Henry[/name] P-------

I love [name]Everett[/name] as well! I think [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] would be a really strong name. I personally like [name]Rowan[/name] for a girl more than for a boy, just because I think a little girl nn [name]Ro[/name] would be pretty darn cute, but I agree that [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is my favorite of your girl names. Good luck!

Thanks for your thoughtful comments!

[name]James[/name] [name]Bowen[/name] is a cousin our child will definitely see a lot of as they live close and we are a tight knit family… that being said they only call him [name]Bo[/name] and never [name]Bowen[/name] alone. Sometimes my mom will call him his full name, but it is mostly [name]Bo[/name]. I am heart broken if [name]Rowan[/name] is out completely because of the rhyming but I also don’t want to do something weird for our family.

I also just looked up [name]Reid[/name] and it means redhead also, so that might be moving higher up my list.

[name]Lyndsay[/name], thanks for the suggestions for more An names… [name]Andra[/name] might be another one I would consider, but for me [name]Alexandra[/name] and [name]Adrienne[/name] are still top I think. I am glad you like [name]Elliott[/name]! I might also consider this for a Boy… [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Mark[/name]? I also like your idea of using [name]Marek[/name] in the middle instead of [name]Mark[/name]… this would be very special to [name]Derek[/name]'s Czech grandparents.

[name]Susan[/name], I think [name]Ellery[/name] is growing on me but I have a hard time with [name]Rosamond[/name] for a girl… maybe its the hard ending with the D? [name]Marie[/name] is my middle and my mom’s and I know it would mean a great deal to her to continue the tradition. One thought was to do [name]Rosemarie[/name] for a first name and then choose a different middle, incorporating it that way to get my [name]Remi[/name]?

okay so what I am hearing is we like:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Marek[/name]?
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]?
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Mark[/name]?
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (if the rhyming isn’t weird with [name]Bo[/name])
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
and maybe [name]Luke[/name] [name]Henry[/name]?

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]
[name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (again maybe weird rhyming with [name]Bo[/name]… better if its used for a girl?)
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Rosemarie[/name] ______? nn [name]Remi[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is just ok, like other better

I think I have captured it. Thoughts?

If [name]Bowen[/name] is called [name]Bo[/name], maybe [name]Rowan[/name] would be fine.

I love [name]Andra[/name]! [name]Marek[/name] is a cool middle name.

I really love the name [name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Remi[/name]!

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Marek[/name] - for me, this is more cushy than [name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name]. I love cushy!
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett - distinguished and handsome
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]? distinguished, too
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Mark[/name]? So lovely
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (if the rhyming isn’t weird with [name]Bo[/name]) yeah
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] like it
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] love it
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] cool!
and maybe [name]Luke[/name] [name]Henry[/name]? I need to think about [name]Luke[/name] with your last name

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] I could get used to this! pretty! even though there are a lot of “r’s”
[name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] same as above
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name] cool
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (again maybe weird rhyming with [name]Bo[/name]… better if its used for a girl?) I like [name]Rowan[/name] on a girl
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Marie[/name] love this
[name]Rosemarie[/name] ______? nn [name]Remi[/name] super love it.
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is just ok, like other better a bit blah compared to [name]Rosemary[/name], but I do really love the name [name]Caroline[/name]. I think it’s fun to go a little wild considering your last name is unusual and sounds like purple. [name]Remi[/name] P----- is a lot of fun.

I think I have captured it. Thoughts?[/quote]

Late again!
First off, I have to tell you, looking at your description of your surname, my mind instantly thought of a two syllable one that I’ve been using in my head to sound these out in full. Is it two or more (or less) syllables? Sometimes knowing the syllable count helps too. But here’s some preliminary thoughts.

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] ) a bit bland but perfectly fine.
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Marek[/name] - I adore [name]Marek[/name] and think it’s an awesome nod to mark and your heritage. it’s a bit rhymey with [name]Derek[/name], yes but in the middle, does no harm.
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett - I’m not liking the double set of double t’s here, looks a bit storybookish. I much prefer the following [name]Everett[/name] combo.
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] - Now this is handsome, spiffy and sharp. And Rett is a great nickname!
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Mark[/name] - If this was [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marek[/name], I’d love it. [name]Mark[/name] bores me to tears, but then, I’m just over 40 and grew up with hundreds of [name]Mark[/name]/[name]Marc[/name] guys. Feels middle aged to me. [name]Marek[/name] doesn’t.
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] on a boy! And [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] is darned handsome. (Would you condiser [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Mathias[/name]? (Ma-TEE-us?) A bit less popular [name]Matt[/name]-variant. I wouldn’t think [name]Rowan[/name] & [name]Bo[/name] are too rhymey. I’d use it, I’ve seen worse!
[name]Reese[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - [name]Reese[/name] always reminds me of the candy (Reeses?) [name]Rhys[/name] is still (reece) but more masculine looking. if that interests you. [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] is really gorgoeus and would be a clear winner for me!
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - Nice, preppy and boyishly handsome. I’d instinctively spell [name]Reed[/name], sight unseen, so you may want to consider that spelling, might be easier in the long run, for him. shrug of course, I’m a little bit Hippy, so take what I say with a grain of salt! [name]Reid[/name] is handome too.
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] - Oooh! I love [name]Miles[/name]! (My daughter would have been a [name]Miles[/name] has she been a he). [name]Miles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] (I prefer the alternate [name]Laurence[/name], myself) is really handsome and strong. I love this!
and maybe [name]Luke[/name] [name]Henry[/name]? - Make it [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Lucan[/name] [name]Henry[/name] and you’ll sell me. [name]Luke[/name] is too informal and casual feeling for me to like but I don’t mind [name]Luke[/name] as a nickname. [name]Just[/name] blah. But [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Henry[/name] or the less common [name]Lucan[/name] [name]Henry[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] is gorgeous. Popular, yes but classic (and classy) [name]Andie[/name]'s an ususual nickname choice, I heartily approve.
[name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adrienne[/name]! So sweet and underused these days! I would use this in a heartbeat! (and I’m trying to talk my other half into considering [name]Annette[/name]!)
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - I know several male [name]Elliott[/name]'s and while I know this is going girly, I fear a balckslide to the boys will hurt a girl [name]Elliot[/name]. I’d avoid it myself, but she at lest hs the cute (if overused) option of [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Ella[/name], should she want more girly. (Me, I’m so tired of [name]Ellie[/name] already!)
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - I know a lot of people consider trees names to be unisex in orientation but all I think when I see [name]Rowan[/name] is guy, so I can’t really be objective on this one. I don’t like it on a girl. Especiall with a boy cousin witha similar sounding name, [name]Rowan[/name] definitely feels boyish.
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - See [name]Elliot[/name] for my thoughts and just replace [name]Elliot[/name] with [name]Ellery[/name]. I know a band with this name too, it’s the lead guitarists last name and he’s a cool dude, so again, it’s weird for me. And I’m really tired of [name]Ellie[/name] (which is what I’ve called every Elephant I’ve ever had too) so [name]Ellie[/name] does nothing for me.
[name]Rosemarie[/name] ______? nn [name]Remi[/name] - [name]Rosemarie[/name] is gorgeous and grows up very well.([name]Rosemary[/name] is the simpler love for me) [name]Remi[/name] s not an instinctive nickname for me, [name]Romy[/name] is or [name]Rosie[/name]. [name]Remi[/name] is an odd looking [name]Remy[/name] to me, and [name]Remy[/name] is boyish , my number 2 name for a boy of ours! So [name]Remi[/name] works, but [name]Romy[/name] works better, I think. [name]Rosemarie[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]? [name]Rosemarie[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]? [name]Rosemarie[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]?
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - I adore [name]Caroline[/name]. She’s simple, strong, beautiful and classic. Can’t go wrong with [name]Caroline[/name]. I have a GF named [name]Caroline[/name] who has never been nicknamed, She’s always simply been [name]Caroline[/name]. I think it’s gorgeous. But if it’s only :meh: to you, then pass. It feel princessy to me without being fluffy (and in my book, if it was good enough for [name]Princess[/name] [name]Grace[/name], then it’s good enough for me!) Now if I could only talk my other half into it. He’d rather [name]Zuleika[/name]. sigh talk about expecting a lot!

I hope that helped some!

I am beginning to love [name]Rosemarie[/name] to get my [name]Remi[/name]! [name]Rosemarie[/name] [name]Claire[/name] sounds nice, don’t you think? [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] is definitely still up there for me though.

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Rhett[/name] could stand on its own? If I had twins they would SO be [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Rosemarie[/name] [name]Claire[/name] nn Rett & [name]Remi[/name]! I suppose its a long shot, but we do both have fraternal twins in the family!

I still love [name]Charlie[/name] also, and am liking [name]Elliott[/name] for a boy more and more. I might have to ask family about [name]Rowan[/name] when we actually have something to talk about… if we get serious about that one it probably warrants a check in with the fam as much as I would like to avoid that.

Well I feel good about my list… no real use in narrowing it down now! But it is very fun to think about and thanks to everyone for playing along! Now we just need to get down to it! ha!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Erin[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charles[/name], and while [name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] does flow well, I’m preferring your [name]Marek[/name] option. [name]Charles[/name] [name]Marek[/name]. [name]Charles[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Henry[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] [name]Henry[/name]) are awesome, too.

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett: [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] is awesome! Rett as a nickname is very cool, too!

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Mark[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]: Due to cousin [name]Bo[/name], I wouldn’t use [name]Rowan[/name]. What about as a middle name?

[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Mark[/name] / [name]Luke[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] / [name]Luca[/name] [name]Mark[/name]: [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Luca[/name] are lovely names. All of these combos are great. As for cousin [name]Bo[/name] (those cousins are sure making things tricky, eh? Can’t we get them to cooperate?), I don’t think he should stop you from using [name]Luke[/name]. If, on the other hand, [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Bo[/name] were siblings, then, well, that would be, uh, a no-no.
:slight_smile:

[name]Marek[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] (Hubby is of Czech descent and his dad”s name is [name]Mark[/name], [name]Marek[/name] is the Czech version of [name]Marek[/name]” [name]LOVE[/name] it BUT, my husband”s name is [name]Derek[/name]” so is [name]Marek[/name] too rhymey? Or just too confusing with a difficult last name like ours?): [name]Marek[/name] is awesome, but I’d personally use it as a middle to honor [name]Derek[/name].

[name]Ian[/name] [name]Mark[/name]: I’m not feeling love for [name]Ian[/name], but [name]Ian[/name] [name]Marek[/name] is cool.

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Mark[/name]: [name]Reese[/name] has been completely Witherspooned for me, and I can only see it on a girl. I’d definitely go with [name]Reid[/name] here!

[name]Robson[/name] [name]Mark[/name] nn [name]Robby[/name] (Hubby loves this, I am not crazy about [name]Robby[/name]): An interesting name, but if you’re not feeling it, don’t use it!

[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Mark[/name]: [name]Dylan[/name]'s too dated for me…

[name]Scott[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]: [name]Scott[/name]'s not doing anything for me, but it does flow nicely…

[name]Reid[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] ([name]Reed[/name] is a family name on my step-mom”s side” I feel it would be wrong to honor step family before real family… but is does it honor only if we spell it [name]Reed[/name]?): I really love this one, [name]Erin[/name]! And any spelling will do!

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Miles[/name]! [name]Milo[/name] is fantastic, too! [name]Miles[/name] [name]Henry[/name] is great!

[name]Dane[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]: I’m not loving [name]Dane[/name], but [name]Dane[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] sounds lovely.

Boy suggestions just for funzies:

[name]August[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]

Girls:
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]: Pretty!
[name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name]: What about [name]Adriana[/name]?

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (I had not thought about using this for a girl until I saw another post, but I think it”s very cute!): [name]Brooke[/name] Shields has a female [name]Rowan[/name] (sister is [name]Grier[/name]). [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is cute. :slight_smile:

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marie[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]!

[name]Remi[/name] [name]Marie[/name]: Not a fan of [name]Remi[/name], but I do like [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Romilly[/name].

[name]Avery[/name] [name]Marie[/name]: Not my style, and I like other choices better…

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (We both like [name]Elliott[/name] for a girl, thoughts?): I like [name]Elliott[/name], but for a boy. :slight_smile:

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (Again, okay for a girl?): Too ee heavy for me, but I like [name]Reese[/name] better on a girl than on a boy.

More ideas:

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] (nn [name]Rory[/name], which I think means redhead)
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]

Thanks for sharing your list! You have so many great names! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name],

Thanks for your suggestions too” I like [name]Audrey[/name] but am concerned [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is too many eee sounds. I also like [name]Emery[/name] but I know my mom would say ”like an [name]Emory[/name] board?”. I also like [name]Ainsley[/name] but once I told my mom she liked that name (this yeas years ago) and she told me it sounded like I made it up! Ha! You can see why I am hesitant to discuss names with family!

I still think my top two boys are [name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name]/[name]Marek[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett, and top two girls are [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name] and [name]Remi[/name] if I can figure out a full name that makes sense. I also still like [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Marie[/name] for a girl a lot too, as does DH but not for a boy he told me yesterday. Though I know some might think it”s a stretch to use it for a girl, I think that”s okay. She would just have to be a tough little cookie to hold her own! (Which I am sure any child of mine will be!)

I think I may have to give up on [name]Rowan[/name]” alas :slight_smile: Another derivation I found was [name]Rowland[/name]” that would be different enough from [name]James[/name] [name]Bowen[/name] not to be weird. Only would work for a boy though I think. [name]Rowland[/name] [name]Marek[/name] sound nice…

Thanks again everyone! Hopefully to be continued sometime this summer!

I’m a little late, but:

I love love love [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] “Rett”, [name]Rhett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] would sound great, too.

Also like [name]Rosemarie[/name] “[name]Remy[/name]”…[name]Rosemarie[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is adorable!

I don’t think [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] would sound too similar to cousin [name]Bo[/name]…Unless you are gonna call her Row. You know [name]Remy[/name] would make a great nickname for [name]Rowen[/name] [name]Marie[/name], too. I like [name]Rowland[/name] better than [name]Rowan[/name] for a boy.

Thanks kannehi1

I do like [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Marie[/name] nn [name]Remi[/name]… that might just work! And I am just loving [name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn Rett more and more every day.

to be continued… let the baby making begin! :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] thought I would post to let you know we got a + test over the weekend so it looks like the name list will get some use in [name]December[/name]!

DH and I have been looking through the books some more and have added a few more names to our list. I will post a round two list sometime later this spring… A few we have discussed adding for boys are: Adler, [name]Clark[/name], [name]Weston[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], [name]Lewis[/name], [name]Crosby[/name], [name]Wade[/name] (is there a longer version for this?), [name]Conlan[/name], [name]Camden[/name], and [name]Dalton[/name]. I also am really liking [name]Carlyle[/name] for a girl (DH isn’t so sure), [name]Alden[/name], and [name]Carlen[/name].

And we will definitely be finding out the sex but that will have to wait until [name]July[/name] or so.

Since we aren’t telling anyone until [name]June[/name], I just had to tell you guys since I can do so anonymously!

Any reactions to the names above? I still love [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] best for a boy, and [name]Alexandra[/name] nn [name]Andie[/name], [name]Elliott[/name], and [name]Remi[/name] for a girl… But I am liking adding to the list for fun. I am also sure that as my hormones change, my mind will also!

Congrads!! The kid will definently have a great name because you have some really good choices :slight_smile:

Congratulations! [name]How[/name] exciting!I love the list you already have, so I cannot wait to see what you end up choosing. For a boy, I really like your [name]Charles[/name], [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] (if your family is okay with it) options. Of the ones you added, I like [name]Camden[/name] a lot (I have it on my list as well), but again just struggle with whether I like it better for a boy or a girl.
I think Marak (ek?) (I hope I am spelling it correctly) would be an awesome middle name for either a girl or a boy depending on what first name you decide to go with.

[name]Remi[/name] is a great nn!

I cannot wait to hear!

Also, my Grandmother, my mother and myself were all born in Dec. and loved having that month for a birthday despite it being so close to [name]Christmas[/name]. My mom’s b.day is actually [name]Christmas[/name] day! Most people think she would hate that, but she has always loved it!
[name]December[/name] will be here before you know it!
Congratulations again!

Thanks! We are thrilled!

Now I just have the count down to [name]June[/name] (when we will share the news) and [name]July[/name]/Aug when we will find out if its a boy or girl!

Adler, [name]Clark[/name], [name]Weston[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], [name]Lewis[/name], [name]Crosby[/name], [name]Wade[/name] (is there a longer version for this?), [name]Conlan[/name], [name]Camden[/name], and [name]Dalton[/name]. I also am really liking [name]Carlyle[/name] for a girl (DH isn’t so sure), [name]Alden[/name], and [name]Carlen[/name].

Oh congratulations! [name]How[/name] exciting! My sister-in-law just announced yesterday that she’s due in [name]December[/name], they already picked their names! She had the hardest time waiting to tell everyone on [name]Easter[/name], how you will manage to wait until [name]June[/name]??

I really love [name]Everett[/name], I actually put it really high on my list because of you, I think it’s awesome! Of your new choices I think [name]Clark[/name] is really handsome, reminds me of superman

Oh congratulations! [name]How[/name] exciting! My sister-in-law just announced yesterday that she’s due in [name]December[/name], they already picked their names! She had the hardest time waiting to tell everyone on [name]Easter[/name], how you will manage to wait until [name]June[/name]??

I really love [name]Everett[/name], I actually put it really high on my list because of you, I think it’s awesome! Of your new choices I think [name]Clark[/name] is really handsome, reminds me of superman. I like [name]Weston[/name], but prefer [name]Westley[/name]. I really like [name]Grayson[/name], too, I have it on my list, but can’t decide if I prefer that or [name]Graydon[/name].

Congratulations, [name]Erin[/name]! I’m so excited for you and your husband! :slight_smile: As for the names, like [name]Lyndsay[/name], I love [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]!

This is such fantastic news! :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] is gorgeous :slight_smile: I love [name]Rowan[/name] for a girl