Rowan Alexander Ridge?

What do you think of [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m]?

Is it too “R” heavy? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think the end of [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] runs into the beginning of [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] in a problematic manner? Is [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Oak[/name_u] better?

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is just a name I love, but the rest of the name has familial meaning. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is after my mother [name_f]Sandra[/name_f]. [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] is part of the street name I grew up on.

This street name is particularly meaningful because it is where basically my whole extended family on one side has lived for 70+ years. The child would also grow up there. If I have two sons, I would like to use [name_u]Oak[/name_u] and [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] as their second middle names, so [name_u]Oak[/name_u] is an option here as well.

The fact that there are two middle names is a nod to both myself and my brother, as we both have two middle names. The repeating first letter was unintentional, but I suppose it could be a nod to me. His initials would be RARC. Mine are AMAC.

This isn’t for a real child yet, but I am trying to take my list from a more theoretical “I love this name” place to a more realistic “I would use this name” place.

1 Like

I like it! It flows well, and I don’t think there are too many r sounds, since they are broken up by [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Oak[/name_u] is also very handsome, and flows slightly better.

1 Like

I don’t think it is too R-heavy and I don’t think that [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] runs into [name_m]Ridge[/name_m]. I really like it and it sounds like the names have a lot of meaning to you. I personally prefer [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] to [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Oak[/name_u], I think it sounds nicer overall and having [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Oak[/name_u] in the same name is a bit wood-heavy for me.

1 Like

I really like it! It’s meaningful and flows well

1 Like

I think it’s awesome! I don’t think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] flows into [name_m]Ridge[/name_m], but I think it could be slightly odd to have 2 trees in one name if you used [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Oak[/name_u].

1 Like

I normally am not a fan of two middle names, but I really, really like this combo! I actually clicked because I read the subject line and was wowed by the name. I think it’s because of the Rs. It’s nice, the alliteration with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] to break it up a bit. To me, the R alliteration sounds better than the assonance of the O sound having [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Oak[/name_u] together. I do like [name_u]Oak[/name_u] though, so it’s a great one to save for additional naming opportunities.

1 Like

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] is a great name! It flows well. I love the meaning behind all the names.

1 Like

I love it! I think the meaning behind it is great. And it just sounds so dang handsome.

1 Like

It flows beautifully, and has a very ‘complete’ feel.

3 Likes