Rubiana Mia Delphine... too cheesy?

I hope I’m not annoying everyone with my seemingly endless array of questions! I have been staring at our ever-lengthening shortlist for the entirety of the evening, creating combos to at least momentarily quell my scattered mind. My hormones refuse to let me rest!

Of the combinations I’ve created, one of them sticks out at me: [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]. I love both names – they’re on our shortlist, albeit separately – and together they form a cute little nod to my favorite football team, the [name]Miami[/name] Dolphins. Too over the top? I’m actually seriously considering Rubiana [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]… your thoughts?

[name]Hi[/name], I adore the name [name]Mia[/name] (it is just so beautiful and sweet…not to mention it is Italian)…I think the name can fit a child and also an adult. I honestly like it a lot and i certain a lot of people are fond of it. However it is REALLY popular in USA, actually is it currently #14…but let say popularity does not bother you, it means bitter (i know that some people do not care about the meaning of names, but i just trying to give you a clear vision on both side of the coin…) Rubiana [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] does not seem cute no me (just my oppinion)

I hope i was some kind of help to you…

Good [name]Luck[/name] :wink:

I think it is nice. A long name with a lot of letters for sure, but I think it flows. The [name]Miami[/name] Dolphins connection is ok, not too cheesy, because it is well hidden in the middle names and not painfully obvious.

I think Rubiana really is a mouth full… You should contemplate if you’d be okay with everyone calling her “[name]Ruby[/name]”.

I think [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] is nice!

I agree with rapunzelmom. [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] is lovely but I think Rubiana is a bit much. It sort of strikes me as the sort of name a little girl might make up for a doll. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh! Would you consider [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]? I think that’s lovely.

Thank you all for your input! I am utterly determined to have a [name]Ruby[/name]-related first name, in honor of my hubby’s foster mother. Here are some other possibilities :slight_smile: Which one is best?

Rubiana [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Rubina[/name] [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
Rubine [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]

Rubiana [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]: I think the names are pretty on their own (I really love [name]Delphine[/name]!), but I don’t think they flow well together, not only because of the rhythm, but because I hear “eee” in every name.

[name]Rubina[/name] [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]: Ditto…

Rubine [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]: Ditto, plus Rubine and [name]Delphine[/name] rhyme…

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]: I like [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Delphine[/name], but [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Mia[/name] doesn’t flow very well to me.

I think a name that doesn’t contain the “ee” sound work really well in second spot. (I think that an ee sound could work if it was in the middle or at the end of a longer middle.)

[name]Just[/name] for fun:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Frances[/name]/[name]May[/name]/[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Frances[/name]/[name]May[/name]/[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]/[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Delfina[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]/[name]Blythe[/name]/[name]Claire[/name]/[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Belle[/name]/[name]Blythe[/name]/[name]Claire[/name]/
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]/[name]Blythe[/name]/[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Maeve[/name]
Rubiana [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
Rubiana [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] (Rubiana [name]Scarlett[/name] feels like less of a theme to me than [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], but the red theme is still there)
Rubiana [name]Lily[/name] [name]Camille[/name] (although I think of a ruby on a lily) :slight_smile:
[name]Rubina[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] Miette (close to [name]Mia[/name]…I pronounce [name]Catherine[/name] with three syllables…the middle one is very subtle)
[name]Rubina[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Rubina[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] wondering: do you like [name]Ruth[/name] as a way to honor [name]Ruby[/name]? (it has the same beginning sound, and according to nameberry means “compassionate friend”).

I actually really like [name]Ruby[/name]. I am just throwing out another option because it seems like you might be having trouble finding a [name]Ruby[/name] combo that you love.

I like the idea of [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] in theory but all three names are two syllables and that really bothers me. I also really dislike Rubiana, [name]Rubina[/name], and Rubine. I think you need something in the middle with one syllable to break up the name a little. Some of [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestions are nice, I like [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]May[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]/[name]Jane[/name].

I love [name]Ruby[/name] on it’s own! I looked up the word ‘ruby’ in a bunch of other languages to see if there was a pretty alternative, but most of them come back sounding similar to the name [name]Robin[/name], so you might consider that as an alternative.

Other words similar to the colour [name]Ruby[/name]: [name]Carmine[/name], [name]Cerise[/name], [name]Cherry[/name] and of course [name]Scarlet[/name].

You could also consider another gem name ([name]Pearl[/name], [name]Opal[/name], [name]Jade[/name], etc.) or even [name]Gemma[/name].

Its a little bit too much in my opinion. [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] is lovely, and like someone else suggested, [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] Delpine. I also really like [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Delphina[/name], I think its gorgeous. If you must use Rubiana, it’ll be shortened to [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Rubi[/name] anyway so why not just go with [name]Ruby[/name] in the first place?

I like [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] and I don’t think it’s too cheesy. No one will ever guess the Dolphins inspiration unless you tell them. I do agree with the other posters that Rubiana is a bit of a mouthful and Rubiana [name]Mia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] is probably a bit much. If you really like Rubiana then I think it might be best with a shorter and simpler middle name.