Rubina?

A woman in my mother’s church just had a baby named [name_f]Rubina[/name_f] and I think it’s awesome. I couldn’t find very much about the name on Nameberry (or anywhere else on the internets for that matter), so what do you guys think? Have you heard of the name before? I also like the nickname options of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_m]Bean[/name_m], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], like, such as, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also how do you think it works with [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]? [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], and [name_f]Rubina[/name_f]?

[name_f]Rubina[/name_f] is lovely, I think. It gives the popular/common [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (which I too like a lot) a great deal more spice without taking it into ‘way too out there’ territory. It’s sweet, and definitely works well with pretty much all of the names on your list (signature), including [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]. It’s a beauty that should definitely make her way into your favourites family.

I checked it out and there seem to be three separate origins for [name_f]Rubina[/name_f]: Italian/Latin for “ruby/red,” a Hebrew feminine form of [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], and also a [girls’] name in [name_f]India[/name_f] and Pakistan (couldn’t find much about its origins or meaning there, though!)

I think it’s cool (definitely cooler than [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]!) and goes well with your other names. [name_u]Rue[/name_u] and [name_m]Bean[/name_m] are cute nicknames.

[name_m]Rubin[/name_m] is Russian for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] so it makes me think of rubies. I think it’s kinda cool but a bit sassy, somehow.
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] and [name_f]Rubina[/name_f] sounds awesome together, not sure about [name_m]Atticus[/name_m].