Ruby or Willa?

[name_m]Man[/name_m], I was really rooting for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] June! I actually am growing onto it as a double barrel name, Ruby-June. I am now noticing your last name rhymes with Madly…(going to guess its H@dl3y) and now I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] won’t be the best name because all 3 end in y or at least the ee sound. If it is H@dl3y, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] H@dley is a name that I would never forget if I met her. I’m trying to think of more middle names as we speak…I still have faith in [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] June!!

I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] Willa’s really sweet! I haven’t heard [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] in a while!

Both are really sweet! I prefer the soft sound of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] :slight_smile: I think both age well

I don’t see [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] as ‘sultry’ at all. For me, it has the same, sweet vintage vibe as names like [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and Opal.

Only popularity puts me off [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and, for that reason, I have to say [name_f]Willa[/name_f] Ruby. I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and I’m gutted I couldn’t use it myself (it sounds way too matchy with our W surname).

1 Like

Agreed! I think it’s a sweet name on all ages too!

I love both but prefer Ruby. It is a tough call but both Ruby Willa and Willa Ruby are perfection.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f] for a first but [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is nice too!

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is so precious! I imagine a [name_f]Willa[/name_f] as a sweat little girl, & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] as someone who is stuck-up, TBH.

1 Like

i love ruby with lincoln, and it sounds like you’ve loved ruby for much longer. i don’t think it’s too sultry, and i can see it on a baby all the way up to an adult.

ruby willa, ruby georgette, ruby irene & ruby gwen are all gorgeous!

[name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Georgette[/name_f] is gorgeous! I feel like it will grow well and fit a baby, toddler, teen, and adult! I don’t see it as sultry at all. I think it is very chic and timeless.

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] would be a lovely choice and I love that it’s also an honour name for your MIL. I think you have a winner!

1 Like

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] :heart: I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] best and I’m the same when a name seems more popular I tend to prefer them more but would definitely use [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] in the middle as you love it so much. And as you think it could be your last I think you can treat yourself to 2 middle names lol. [name_f]My[/name_f] mum did the same with me, she thought I’d be her last so used all her favourite names just incase lol

1 Like

Firstly congratulations!

Both are lovely but I do prefer [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and it’s a name I did ponder on for my daughter. I just think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is gorgeous really such a spunky upbeat name a lovely gemstone choice. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] has an old school vintage vibe and is genuinely very pretty. Personally I don’t see this va-va-voom sultry vibe that you are worried about I just see a happy carefree girl who is creative. I love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] or [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] sounds great with [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] too

1 Like