Ruby Valentine! What do you think?

As everyone knows I’ve been obsessing for a while over [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Frankie[/name], but for some reason couldn’t picture her with that name. It just didn’t seem to fit. Then last night, after looking at endless lists, I think I found the name!! It seems as though [name]Ruby[/name] fits her. My husband agrees! What are the chances of that?!
As far as middles we’ve come up with [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. The only problem with [name]Valentine[/name] is that my son’s middle name is [name]Valentino[/name]. My friend thinks it’s still okay to use, I’m not so sure. But [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] does sound amazing to me!! What do you guys think??

I like more [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]. Your son middle name should not be a problem. Everyone, at some point is unhappy with a name. They usually outgrow it.

I don’t like the combination of [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] it’s too much red imagery for me.
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] however, I adore.

I really like [name]Ruby[/name]!

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]…it’s very specific, very red, very construction paper valentine-y. That image aside, the flow is nice.

I also prefer [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]…siblings with [name]Valentina[/name]/[name]Valentino[/name] in the middle is oddly sweet. [name]Just[/name] a thought though, if you have more children, would you continue to use the same middle name?

It does sound pretty, but I’m not a fan of adjective + noun names – it sounds like a phrase to my ears, not a name. Especially, as lexlem mentions, when both names evoke such similar imagery. And since your son’s middle name is so very similar, too, it seems like another good reason to see if there are other middle name options you love as much. I like [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] a lot, and also think [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is a nice option if you’d still want to get the [name]Frankie[/name] in there somewhere.

I like both names, but together I think its just too much. The first thing I thought of was that it looked like a name of someone in a movie where its almost a joke. [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name], on the other hand, I quite like, and its almost nice it links with your son’s mn

This is exactly what i first thought

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] though

I agree with most of the comments so far, it sounds like a cute story book character but just a little too much “red” for a name. I also love both [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]… both are gorgeous and fun to say!

I love, love [name]Ruby[/name]! It’s so fun. I don’t think there’s an issue with your son’s middle name.
Wanted to suggest [name]Clementine[/name] as an alt. mn for you if you wanted to avoid the ‘red’ factor others are mentioning.
A friend just named her daughter [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] and I thought it was quite sweet.

[name]Ruby[/name] is a wonderful name! I [name]LOVE[/name] it! In fact I’d use it if my DH would agree but he doesn’t like it. I do however agree that [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] is a bit much. Too much red and all I see is little kids passing each other cards in class. Sorry. [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is adorable though! Very sweet and nice flow. I also agree with PP that [name]Clementine[/name] works very well and without the pic of [name]Valentine[/name] passing 7 yr olds. However I always say if you absolutely love it go for it!

I’m so glad I talked with you guys. I thought [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] was great – I guess not. I really don’t like the way [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] sounds, so I crossed that one out.
So out of these middles, which one is best:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Annmarie[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Patricia[/name]

I know they’re not exciting, but I really wanted to pick a middle name that has some family meaning.

I really like [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]! If you’re keeping score I vote for that! :wink:

I like [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. I don’t care for [name]Valentine[/name] / [name]Valentina[/name] with [name]Ruby[/name] because it’s way too much red for me and may even sound a tad…tacky? Because it sounds like a [name]Valentine[/name]'s day baby, that would be my automatic assumption.

Beautiful choices! I don’t think they are boring at all! I personally love [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Annmarie[/name].