Ruby

Is [name]Ruby[/name] too boring to be used as a FN? I like it, but I feel like it’s just not quite there. Convince me! What MN would you pair with it?

I like [name]Ruby[/name] a lot! Definitely not too boring as a FN–it’s a bit too dramatic for me as a FN, which is why I prefer it as a MN. I love [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]… :slight_smile:

I like [name]Ruby[/name] and don’t think it’s a boring first name.
I love the suggestion of [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name].
Other suggestions:
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Helena[/name] (the He-[name]LAY[/name]-na pronunciation)
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Calista[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jacinda[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Luisa[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Lenore[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Sylvine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Siobhan[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Xaviera[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Athena[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] Lysandra

I think its a bit boring here in Australia, though in the US its still has some life left in it. But I never did understand why [name]Ruby[/name] gets all the love and a lot of other gemstones I like more (did I mention red is not my colour, lol) aren’t anywhere near it on the popularity charts.

That said I can think of some stunning combos:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Zephirine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]

I just hold a secret spot in my heart for some “weirder” jewel names, but there’s nothing really wrong with [name]Ruby[/name].

Not boring just number one for the second year in a row in NZ. GREAT name just too common here.

Nope, not boring at all!!! I love it!!

i disagree with my other stateside berries. I do think it’s boring. A little played out at this point. Yes its super cute, but since so many people have named their daughters it’s not as special to me anymore. This sounds bad but when I meet a [name]Ruby[/name] I also think “oh you prolly thought you were really unique when you named your baby that…” I am sorry if that sounds terrible…I just think it’s lost some of it’s luster …

i wouldn’t assume people were trying to be unique when they named their daughter ruby. maybe they just like the name. isn’t that ultimately why most people choose the names they do? that was certainly the case with us. and yes, our daughter is ruby. i didn’t have any illusions about it being uncommon, i just loved it and still do.

OP, obviously i’m biased, but ruby isn’t a boring name… it’s a gorgeous classic. no matter how popular it becomes in the US, i really think it will retain its appeal. i probably wouldn’t purposely choose a top 10 name, just because i had one and got sick of going by “FN-last initial.” but i think chloe, for example, is lovely, no matter how often i hear it.

[name]Ruby[/name] is actually a recent name-crush of mine. I like it because it’s a name from nature, has family ties, and ages well.It’s in the middle of the road in popularity in [name]America[/name]. I think it’s because out of the well-known nature names, it’s not as feminine and classic as [name]Rose[/name] and not as modern as [name]Juniper[/name](which doesn’t even register on the top 1000). Here are some ideas of names to use with [name]Ruby[/name]:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Avis[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] (if you want to be super-bold)
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Ursula[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Zola[/name]

[name]Ruby[/name] is great!

I am actually loving [name]Ruby[/name] right now. The idea of using [name]Rue[/name] as a nickname did it for me. I’ve been hearing it a bit on TV and what not, and I don’t find it dull at all. I think it’s zesty without being pretentious - sweet, yet spunky. A great name.

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Antonina[/name] / [name]Antonina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] was the first combo that came to mind, as I think it’s one I’ve played around with a long while back.