Ruby!

We are pleased to announce that our daughter, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], was born on [name_u]March[/name_u] 11th. She’s eight days old and already has us wrapped around her finger.

She joins big sister [name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], who has taken to calling her [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] Dolphin since we decided on her second middle name and it’s utterly precious!

Her name, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], was picked primarily because it’s my husband’s birthstone, but it’s also a nod towards my granddad, [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], who is unfortunately no longer with us.

We knew we wanted to honor my father ([name_m]Leonard[/name_m]) somehow with her name and we went ‘round and ‘round trying to figure out which form we liked best, [name_f]Leona[/name_f], Léonie, [name_u]Leone[/name_u], [name_f]Leonarda[/name_f]? Ultimately we loved the sound of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] best, it’s so melodious.

[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is actually a suggestion from a nameberry user that we fell in love with on sight. It’s so pretty and fits her perfectly and we are just enamored.

2 Likes

She is beautifully named. Congratulations!

Congratulations! Beautiful choices! [name_u]Love[/name_u] big sis’s nickname!

Congratulations! Your daughters’ names are gorgeous and so perfect together!

Congratulations! Her name is beautiful and so well thought out! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] Dolphin is such a cute pet name too :slight_smile:

I also really love [name_f]Calla[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]!

Congratulations! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] has a beautiful name. I think the suggestion of [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] may have come from me :slight_smile: I’m very happy to see you liked it!

You chose a beautiful name! And [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] Dolphin is just the cutest nickname!