Ruby's nickname will be Ru/Rue. Which spelling?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries!! I want [name]Ruby[/name]'s nickname to be Ru/[name]Rue[/name]. Which way would you spell it? My natural inclination is Ru, but it seems a little incomplete. What do you think?

[name]Rue[/name] - the extra “e” allows for a little more of the [name]Ruby[/name] flare and still maintains the sound of the nn.
I agree with you that Ru seems a little incomplete. Thus the above.

[name]Ruby[/name] with the nn [name]Rue[/name] would be my choice. Roo would also be cute.

I like [name]Rue[/name], personally. It’s one of my favorite nicknames. It kind of depends on how much you’re going to use it. My mom likes to call me [name]Onie[/name], but nobody else calls me that and I’m never introduced that way (thank goodness), so spelling isn’t all that important. So if you’re just going to call her that sometimes but she still usually goes by [name]Ruby[/name], then Ru is fine. If she’ll be writing it on school papers, then I’d go with [name]Rue[/name]. It all depends on if it’s a formal nickname or not.

My vote goes for [name]Rue[/name]. It feels more complete than Ru.

I love the idea of Roo! Super cute! I hadn’t thought of that one! I’m adding it to the list of choices. :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Rue[/name]. Ru just doesn’t look right to me, like it’s incomplete (as you said).

Oh, you could also spell it [name]Roux[/name]. OMG, so many choices!!

I think if I saw [name]Roux[/name] written I would assume it’s a proper name or a nn for something like Rubix instead of [name]Ruby[/name]. I still like [name]Rue[/name] best followed by Roo.

Thanks for all of your help everybody! I think, not 100% sure, that I’m going to go with Roo. xoxoxo

Roo is really cute I also like [name]Rue[/name]. [name]Roux[/name] just makes me want to cook something. lol.

I’m glad you chose Roo.

[name]Rue[/name] means “street” in French and in English “to feel regret or sorrow”… Roo is so much cuter! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Rue[/name] but Roo is cute too.

I like the way [name]Rue[/name] looks the best, but the meaning makes me uncomfortable.
Then I chose Ru, thinking how cute, it’s two letters. Then I thought how people probably will use Ru for like “are you” when texting and it also means Russian Federation.
[name]Roux[/name] was just out, too many letters, too fancy, couldn’t help but think of cooking.
Now I’m left with Roo!! I think it’s pretty cute!! [name]Love[/name] the double “O”.

Thanks for all of your help Berries!

I’m so glad you’re leaning toward Roo! I remember seeing the combo [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Valentina[/name], nn Roo, on another site and I thought it was the cutest. I love [name]Rue[/name] as a name in its own right (the meaning doesn’t really bother me), but as a nn for [name]Ruby[/name], I would totally use just Roo! When [name]Emmeline[/name] was still a huge favorite of mine, [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], nn [name]Emmy[/name] Roo, was my combo. :slight_smile: I think it’s adorable.

Good luck!