Rue

I like the name [name_u]Rue[/name_u] (and not just because The Hunger Games are my favorite books/movies!) I think it works great as a first name and a middle name!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Rue[/name_u]! [name_f]My[/name_f] first association is actually Roo from [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh. But I don’t think any of the associations are negative, except maybe the meaning of regret but honestly that’s a pretty outdated word and people rarely use it anymore (at least in America) so I doubt people would make the connection very often. There are also alternative spellings though like Ru, Roo, or [name_u]Roux[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] isn’t just a sad name! It also means road/street in [name_u]French[/name_u], so it’s got many meanings. :relaxed:

It’s super cute. I think it works as a nickname for a long name too! Maybe [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], Ramona…

Plus, the character named [name_u]Rue[/name_u] in The Hunger Games is an absolute angel, so sharing a name with her would be 1. really a good connotation, and 2. probably not that obvious compared to a name like [name_m]Peeta[/name_m] or [name_f]Katniss[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I see it more a a herby/naturey name! It has a nice sound

1 Like

i love rue! a little ruth or rupert or rutherford would be adorable nicknamed rue!

1 Like

I like it! I had it on my name list but my husband vetoed it. I like it better in a middle name spot than a first name spot and I like it better for a girl than for a boy. But I think it could work for either.

1 Like

It’s a sweet name! But yes, it’s probably always have the Hunger Games association, I think it could be usable as a middle though. And I think it may be too feminine for a boy but I’m not sure

1 Like

Nevel from iCarly would like a word with you, lol :joy:

But I honestly think [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is useable because a lot people don’t look or think of the meanings of the names. Also I think it can work for either one; it’s pretty unisex to me, tbh.

2 Likes