Rue

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] is becoming a little crush of mine. I loved [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] for a long time, but I feel like she’s losing her sparkle a bit for me. [name_u]Rue[/name_u] would be a cute nickname for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], though I do like [name_u]Rue[/name_u] on it’s own.

Is [name_u]Rue[/name_u] wearable as-is?

What other long names can be shortened to [name_u]Rue[/name_u]?

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Rue[/name_u]! I think it is very usable as is. I know a [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] that always goes by [name_u]Rue[/name_u]. It fits her so well!

1 Like

i adore rue and think she stands alone well!

especially with a pretty and longer middle!

rue margot
rue clementine
rue victoria
rue mabel
rue eleanor
rue madeline
rue dorothy
rue elisabeth
rue bronwyn

also thinking something short and spunky like rue james would be cute!

Rue is great as is, but it could also be a nickname for:

Prudence
Drucilla
Bruna
Jerusha
Daruska
Fairuza
February
Gertrude
Keturah
Ruperta
Veruca
Perouze
Zarouhi
Maroula
Rousseau
Aurora
Caroline
Rowena
Roberta
Dorothy
Robin
Ramona
Romula
Romilly
Rosalind
Rosamund
Veronica
Eurydice
Honora
Marguerite
Muriel
Pandoura
Sigourney
Sojourner
Suraya
Susannah
Valoura
Zathura

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] is so sweet and timeless. It fits really well as a nickname for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and really adds something to the name, too. It’s growing on me as a standalone name, but I also like it as a nickname for [name_u]Rudy[/name_u], [name_f]Ruma[/name_f], [name_f]Runa[/name_f], and [name_f]Rowena[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] littlest sisters name is [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], nn [name_u]Rue[/name_u]! It suits her really well, and I like that [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] has spunk and feels really fun, and [name_u]Rue[/name_u] gives her a softer and endearing nn option!

Oh my gosh I love Rue!!! It’s my favorite name ever :heart:

I think [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is very wearable!

I always think [name_u]Rue[/name_u] sounds really cute, but ever since I speak [name_u]French[/name_u], I’m not sure I can really picture it as a name anymore. Maybe a nickname, but I’d rather not use it as a stand-alone.

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] is absolutely adorable! The only thing is it is the word used for streets in [name_u]French[/name_u] but I think that’s okay if you don’t live in a [name_u]French[/name_u] speaking country. I love [name_u]Rue[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_u]Rune[/name_u] or [name_f]Runa[/name_f]

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] is lovely on it’s own!!

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] is one of my faves too! It’s so sweet and sparky. I love it as a standalone but we also considered as a stretchy nickname for [name_f]Ramona[/name_f].

I love [name_u]Rue[/name_u], especially since I saw it used on Zendaya’s character in [name_f]Euphoria[/name_f]. I wouldn’t use it in a French-speaking country but otherwise it’s totally usable.

I think [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is fine as is. It’s sweet and bright and feisty! It feels very namelike and I can really imagine it on a person (despite the words/homophones in [name_f]English[/name_f] and moreso French). I would use Rowenna/Rowena as a full name for [name_u]Rue[/name_u], but that might be a stretch. I also know of an [name_f]Arusha[/name_f] nn Ru, which I think is cute.

I absolutely think rue can stand alone if you love it. In [name_u]French[/name_u] speaking communities rue means street. Which I don’t think is terrible

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] is definitly usable by itself! (if you’re ok with the connection to The Hunger Games)

It’s super cute as a nickname to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is classic, powerful, and hardy. [name_u]Rue[/name_u] lightens it and sweetens it!

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] could also be short for [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_u]Rumi[/name_u], [name_u]Rudy[/name_u], [name_f]Prudence[/name_f], [name_f]Trudy[/name_f], [name_u]Truly[/name_u], or [name_f]Runa[/name_f]?

The meaning “regret” in [name_f]English[/name_f] and the [name_u]French[/name_u] meaning “street” aren’t positive things for me, but the plant definitely is! I love the sound and its sweet simplicity. While the meanings in [name_f]English[/name_f] and [name_u]French[/name_u] might keep me from using it, I love the name for other people and do think it’s usable.

It would be a cute nickname for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]!

2 Likes

Cute as a nn for [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] but I don’t like it on its own. I think of the literal meaning.

I like [name_u]Rue[/name_u]. I have it as a middle name on my list for both sexes.

This is my son’s nickname (albeit spelt Roo, his name is Reuben) and I love it. But I don’t think there’s enough name (if that even makes sense) to be the full name, although I will say it is possible that the right little girl could wear it perfectly as-is.

Any name beginning with Ru (Rumi and Ruby) or even just a name beginning with R will work as the full name imo, maybe a stretch with some R names but the one syllable makes it easier to work.