Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, Baby #2

US Weekly just announced the name of [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_m]Reynolds[/name_m] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively’s second daughter. It’s [name_f]Ines[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Inez[/name_f] but [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is still nice. Also, it’s way better than [name_u]James[/name_u], the name of their first daughter.

Oh wow, I love [name_f]Ines[/name_f]! A million miles better than [name_u]James[/name_u], gorgeous name!

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] is my favourite girls name at the moment so I think it’s a beautiful choice. It’s a little mismatched with their other daughter’s name, but I am glad they chose a more feminine name for baby #2 rather than stick with a unisex theme.

I’m one of the few who actually likes [name_u]James[/name_u] on daughter 1, but I can get on board with [name_f]Ines[/name_f] too. Could be better though.

[name_m]How[/name_m] lovely! Too bad they didn’t use an equally lovely name the first go round. [name_u]James[/name_u] would have been perfect for a future son.

I think its a truly wonderful name! I love [name_f]Ines[/name_f], and i also love [name_u]James[/name_u] for a girl.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce [name_f]Ines[/name_f]? Is it just like [name_f]Inez[/name_f] or different?

Well nvm I just looked up the pronunciation on nameberry, and wow those two names are so mismatched I can’t get over it lol. Individually I like both alright but I feel like it would be so weird to have a sister with such a wildly different name. I also don’t like how [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is borrowed from a different culture that neither [name_u]Blake[/name_u] nor [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] immediately reflect. I mean they could have a Portuguese ancestor but I usually think it a bit odd when people borrow a name from a different culture that is very clearly from a different culture.

I like it a lot better than [name_u]James[/name_u], although I was a bit surprised that they didn’t give her some other traditionally male name, like [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] herself have. It’s odd, but a bit of a relief.

I wonder how they’re pronouncing [name_f]Ines[/name_f]?

So much better than [name_u]James[/name_u]! I was very much expecting another boy name, I was refreshingly surprised.

I love [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_f]Ines[/name_f] together! So cute

Both of their daughters were named after family. [name_u]James[/name_u] after [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]'s father and [name_f]Ines[/name_f] after [name_u]Blake[/name_u]'s grandmother. So that’s why they are so different.

Both girls are darling.

It’s funny how this kind of parallels the Kutchers. Firstborns receive the genderbenders ([name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u]) whilst the new arrivals have completely out of the blue, quintessentially European names ([name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] and [name_f]Ines[/name_f]).

1 Like

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] is really pretty but I don’t think it pairs well with [name_u]James[/name_u]. I just dislike [name_u]James[/name_u] on a girl so much, that I think a beautiful name like [name_f]Ines[/name_f] looks so different next to it.

Does anyone know how they pronounce it? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they say ee-NESS, eye-NEZ or something else?

Such a beautiful name, feel sorry for [name_u]James[/name_u] to be honest but kind of wish they had used another more masculine name to keep a theme.

@lumen: This is late but they pronounce it ee-NEZ. [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively did an interview for Variety’s [name_m]Power[/name_m] of Women where she said the name.