Safiya vs. Sophia

A bit ago I realized I loved the sound of Safiya more than Sophia. To me it sounds more gentle and rolls off the tongue better. prn SUH-FIYA or SAHFF-FIYA
So I was just thinking about what other people’s preferences might be, sometimes a small sound change really makes a difference :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: but classics are great too :blossom:

• Sophia
  • Safiya

0 voters

1 Like

I also like how [name_f]Safiya[/name_f] can be short for [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] :sparkles:

2 Likes

[name_f]Safiya[/name_f] is definitely cool, but I prefer [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I quite like [name_f]Safiya[/name_f] if one has the background to go along with it, otherwise I prefer [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite, however, it still [name_f]Sofia[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Safiya[/name_f] is gorgeous

1 Like

I love both! I also love [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] and nn potential! :joy:

1 Like

I would definitely say [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. A [name_f]Safiya[/name_f] would constantly be assumed to be [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], and the difference in pronunciation is so small, I don’t think it’s worth it. You probably already know this, but [name_f]Safiya[/name_f] is also the name of one of the wives of the Muslim prophet [name_m]Mohammed[/name_m].