Saige or Sage?

Can’t decide whether I should spell this name as [name_u]Sage[/name_u] or [name_u]Saige[/name_u]! Suggestions??

1 Like

I always think [name_u]Sage[/name_u] looks better as a middle name and [name_u]Saige[/name_u] looks better as a first name. I also think [name_u]Saige[/name_u] looks more feminine and [name_u]Sage[/name_u] is more gender neutral. If that makes any sense!!

5 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Sage[/name_u], as it is the same spelling as the herb and is simpler. I prefer word names (generally) with their original spelling; however, other people feel the opposite!

3 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Sage[/name_u]. The “I” always throws me.

3 Likes

Sage. The “I” takes away the fact that it’s a word. [name_u]Sage[/name_u] also looks prettier.

3 Likes

Definitely [name_u]Sage[/name_u]!!

3 Likes

Saige looks like a name of a person, while [name_u]Sage[/name_u] looks like the herb. When I read [name_u]Saige[/name_u] I think of a person. When I read [name_u]Sage[/name_u] I think of cooking. It’s a pretty name regardless.

1 Like

Sage, like wisdom or the herb. The “i” just seems unnecessary.

4 Likes

I’m definitely team [name_u]Sage[/name_u]. The “i” looks out of place to me.

4 Likes

Saige

1 Like

Sage, because the herb association is a positive to me!

2 Likes

Definitely [name_u]Sage[/name_u]! I always thought that [name_u]Saige[/name_u] looked strange.

4 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Sage[/name_u]!

1 Like

Sage, the i seems unnecessary to me

2 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Sage[/name_u], but it’s very pretty either way! In my opinion the “I” is too trendy, but it also depends what middle name / last name it’s paired with.

1 Like

Definitely [name_u]Sage[/name_u].

1 Like

Oh [name_u]Saige[/name_u] all the way! [name_u]Saige[/name_u] has been my favorite name for the past 8 years.

I went back and forth on spelling for so long before finally deciding on [name_u]Saige[/name_u].

Here’s why: [name_u]Saige[/name_u] feels more like a name without going overboard like Sayje.

Think about it: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_f]Paige[/name_f] or [name_u]Page[/name_u] for girl? I’m assuming [name_f]Paige[/name_f], because it’s more name, less word. Same thing for [name_u]Saige[/name_u]. Some people don’t like the way [name_u]Saige[/name_u] looks or think it looks made up, but I disagree. I think [name_u]Saige[/name_u] looks beautiful!

So [name_u]Saige[/name_u] all the way!

1 Like

Sage is simple and beautiful!

1 Like

[name_u]Sage[/name_u]! I prefer word names to be spelled like their word. Also [name_u]Saige[/name_u] just makes me think that a [name_f]Paige[/name_f] got her name mistyped.

I do love the name though, I’ve met a little girl named [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and she was such a sweetheart.

2 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Saige[/name_u] for a girl. Looks more feminine somehow.

1 Like