sam/sami

I adore the nicknames [name]Sam[/name] and [name]Sami[/name] for a little girl :slight_smile: However, [name]Samantha[/name] just doesn’t appeal to me. What are some names the could have the nn [name]Sam[/name]? I want something more feminine sounding because [name]Sam[/name] is very unisex.
thanks

https://nameberry.com/search?gender=&starts_with=sam&ends_with=&syllables=&language_id=&meaning_group_id=&popularity=0&x=74&y=17

If that url* doesn’t work, go to the left column and choose “search for names” and input begins with [name]Sam[/name]. I chose not to determine whether only girl names come up since some of the boy names might be soft enough to choose from.

[name]Samedi[/name] came up as a boy’s name, it means [name]Saturday[/name] in French. It also has some weird references on the internet to video games or something.
[name]How[/name] to pronounce: samedi pronunciation: How to pronounce samedi in French

[name]Samara[/name] seems good. I’d look that list over for starters rather than tell you which ones I think are better than others. There’s 104 all together, not all of them really great, but you could find one on that list that you like better than [name]Samantha[/name] or [name]Samuela[/name].

*Sorry, for some reason, links don’t work here like on other boards. You can copy and paste that in your browser for results.

[name]Samara[/name] or [name]Samira[/name] are the only two I can think of right now…[name]Samantha[/name] is very pretty, but sort of dated.

My younger sister’s name is [name]Sami[/name]. My parent’s named her [name]Samantha[/name], but realized quickly that name didn’t quite suite her. My sister now loves her name, and I don’t think she will ever go by [name]Samantha[/name]. The name [name]Sami[/name] fits her really well. I know you are looking for alternatives to [name]Samantha[/name], but I don’t really think there is anything wrong with you just using [name]Sami[/name] if you love it.

My name is [name]Samantha[/name], but I have also gone by [name]Sami[/name] and [name]Sam[/name] at different points in my life. I love the nickame [name]Sam[/name], because it is slightly boy-ish and (I think it’s) cool, but I wouldn’t want that as my full name. The name [name]Samantha[/name] is very popular among my peer group, though, and it would have been interesting to have a different long version. My favorites (like the one post above) are [name]Samara[/name] and [name]Samira[/name]. Good luck!

Have you thought about using the initials [name]SAM[/name] as a route to the nickname?

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] (Although [name]Sophie[/name] is very popular…)
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (get the A from the [name]Anna[/name] part of [name]Susannah[/name])
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Ariana[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

Any S name with just [name]Amelia[/name] in the middle would also work.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I feel the exact same way!!! We are naming our daughter Samona which is our favorite [name]Sam[/name] variation. I think it’s such a beautiful lyrical name but not everyone likes it (I think just because it’s different.) There’s also [name]Samara[/name] and [name]Samaya[/name] which are pretty too, or you could just name her [name]Sammy[/name] and call her [name]Sam[/name]. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

I quite love [name]Samara[/name] myself, but I think all of the suggestions you’ve been given thus far are fantastic! I also really love [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of using initials to get the nickname :slight_smile:

Ditto to [name]Kristen[/name]'s post: [name]SAMARA[/name] is my favorite, of the names you mentioned, and I also like the “[name]SAM[/name]” initials idea.

One more option: [name]SALOME[/name].

[name]Samara[/name] is one of my favorite names also! Use it or I will!!! [name]Just[/name] kidding!