Same name as sisterinlaws dog

So mine and my fiancé’s too name for a boy is [name_m]Gustav[/name_m] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Gus[/name_u]’

But my mom pointed out to me today that his sister dog is named [name_u]Gus[/name_u], now I have only seen this dog once in the time we have been together

Is it wrong/cruel/mean to name our son [name_u]Gus[/name_u] when her dog is called [name_u]Gus[/name_u]

I’m not pregnant nor planning to be anytime soon but this is a really good question

[name_f]TIA[/name_f]

Maybe you could just not call him [name_u]Gus[/name_u]? Find a new nickname and then you can still use the full name that you love.

[name_u]Gus[/name_u] may flow naturally as a nickname, but it might not as well.

I have seen another berry post something similar this, only with a girl name I believe…
And everyone kept mentioning the one thing I think is fairly obvious…and let’s be honest, as pessimistic as it may be…it’s also realistic…
The dog won’t live forever. I don’t know how old it is now but by the time you have a baby, if your first is even a boy…the dog may not even be around anymore.
So as for now, I say keep it on your list and when the time comes that you have a boy, I think you’ll have a better idea if it’s right for your son or not. (if you see the dog a lot more then, it probably won’t feel right…)

Also, if your fiance okay’d this name then I’m sure it’s not that big of a problem as I’m sure he’s aware that his sister has the dog with that name.

Haha I think that’s a little odd…My vote would go towards no.

fiance definately okay the name, it is his grandfathers name and when he suggested it (yes he suggested it! mini victory) i fell in love, then when my mom mentioned it i was like oh yea thats a bummer thanks for the opinions any others