Sampson vs. Samson

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Sampson[/name] or [name]Samson[/name]? What is your impression of these names? Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer the Biblical spelling of [name]Samson[/name], primarily because [name]Sampson[/name] looks like [name]Simpson[/name] to me, and that only makes me think of the crude cartoon show. [name]Sampson[/name] also looks like a misspelling of [name]Samson[/name]. I do like the name, though not a fan of just [name]Sam[/name].

I know a guy who goes by [name]Sampson[/name], it’s his last name. Everyone always asks him what the P is about. If you’re loving this name, I’d go with the [name]Samson[/name] spelling. Honestly, it’s not my favorite due to the associations…although the Biblical character is inhumanely strong, he also comes across as bawdy and not very intelligent…or at least not all that great at using his upstairs brain.

both are neat but PLEASE BE WARNED: if you choose samson, most people will still say “sampson”. a friend of mine names her son samson and it’s so hard to say just “sam-son” for some reason - most people just end of saying sampson. also, and most importanly, when you are saying it right, people still think his name is “sampson” and are always surprised that its not. they hear sampson no matter how you say it. with all this in mind - i would strongly suggest you go with sampson! hope this helps

I did the exact thing when I read these names! Its so weird, I don’t know why but I put a p sound in both. I would do [name]Sampson[/name].

I like [name]Samson[/name]. But I like the nickname [name]Sam[/name] without being particularly fond of [name]Samuel[/name]. I admire the Biblical [name]Samson[/name] and the meaning is nice - “sun.” It’s pretty much the only name that ends in -son sound that I like, and I like it a LOT.

[name]Sampson[/name] is fine but I go the other way from other posters - rather than putting a p in [name]Samson[/name], I tend to read [name]Sampson[/name] with a silent p, which a number of people I know do, they say both sam-son.

I prefer [name]Samson[/name] because it’s the Biblical spelling.

I prefer [name]Samson[/name] and actually don’t find it difficult to pronounce correctly.