(sappho renames you)

hey y’all

this is very much inspired by something @eileithyia did a while back, and while i can’t promise i’ll put in as much detail as stella did, i thought it might be fun to try it !!

give me a quick description of yourself, along with the gender of name you’re looking for and any special requirements or requests if you have them, and i’ll do my best to come up with a name that i think fits you !

sappho x

11 Likes

Ooh, I’m sure it’ll be wonderful!

Quick description: I’m 22, short, and blonde. I love dance and writing, and i love to write and read about badass female protagonists. I studied psychology in school and I’ll be working as an assistant [name_f]English[/name_f] teacher for my gap year. I love traveling, watching sports, and animated tv shows for people much younger than me!

You may know me well enough to not need a description but just in case

Summary

I have long, wavy chestnut brown hair, hazel eyes, really light skin, I’m pretty tall, my favorite color is green, I’m an INTJ, I love cats, I love reading and my favorite genres are fantasy and dystopian, I never wear dresses or skirts and don’t like a lot of girly things, I do not play sports right now but I used to play soccer oh and I’m 14 almost 15, also I want to be a software engineer/computer programmer

I would like a rename! I’ll copy-paste from my “Rename Paxramena”.

me

Physical- I’m about 5’8” with wavy, very fluffy brown hair to my shoulders. I recently gave myself bangs that settle right above my eyebrows. I have a strong nose with a flat bridge that continues out about an inch to the tip. I have small eyes accentuated by said large nose and the large amount of eyeliner I wear. I use way too much blush. I also have knob knees and very long legs.

Personality- I’m chronically shy until you get to know me. Then I talk way too much. I’m unrepentantly crude and I’ve always gotten by as “the funny one” in friend groups. I also have Aspergers. Bees are my favorite animal, followed by cats and crows. I’m bi and genderfluid, usually going by she/they.

Interests- I love to write. I write stories and poetry; I love anything that exercises my imagination. Physical exercise, however, is not my thing at all. I was a ballerina at a young age, but quit long before I had dreams of the Russian ballet, and I fear it’s too late. I love [name_f]Sappho[/name_f]
and [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_m]Allan[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u]. I also love [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] J. [name_m]Maas[/name_m]- my favorite series is Throne of Glass . [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite book is Wuthering Heights . I’m really interested in the 1800’s. I’m a hibernophile, as suggested by my chosen name.

[name_f]Music[/name_f]- [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite band is [name_f]My[/name_f] Chemical Romance, followed by [name_u]Green[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u], with [name_m]Lord[/name_m] Huron as a close third. Right now, I’m really into “Beachboy” by McCafferty. I also love [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] and Hobo [name_m]Johnson[/name_m].

Movies- I LOVE THE CRAFT . I also really enjoy Psycho , But I’m a Cheerleader , and Sixteen Candles .

Upbringing- Sketchy. [name_u]Southern[/name_u]. Chaotic.

(Apologies on how long this is.)

Looking for a girl name ( but gender neutral works too.)

I have straight shoulder-length dirty blonde hair and bluish-grey eyes. I enjoy spending my time: outdoors, drawing, listening to music (folk music is my favorite), and relaxing at home. I am a science nerd pursuing a degree in nursing.

Thank you so much for doing this!

I’m awful at describing myself but here you go!

Description

I’m tall and have straight brown hair that reaches a few inches below my shoulders. I have brown eyes and thick, dark eyebrows (they’re definitely my most prominent facial feature, even when I’ve plucked/shaped them) . I’m 18. I’m an introvert but I’m not shy, and I can be very loud around people I’m close with. In school, I like history and language classes best, and am not a big fan of science and math. I play sports, sing in a choir, and do theater through my school. I love listening to music, especially pop, country, Broadway, and folk music. I have a tendency to be sarcastic but not in a mean way (usually). I’m looking for a girl’s name.

I think my real name fits me really well, so I’m curious to hear your suggestion!

I would love to see what you would name me!

About me

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! A bit about me…I’m [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. I have dark brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, average build, and light olive skin. I am from a mostly European heritage, being half Italian with a mix of [name_m]German[/name_m], [name_f]English[/name_f], and a tad of Northern [name_u]West[/name_u] [name_f]Asian[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorite color is purple, but I also adore blue, green, yellow, white, and gold. INFJ, [name_u]Aries[/name_u], observer, and middle child. Things dear to my heart include my faith, loved ones, birds, stories, roadtrips, symbolism, springtime, creating art, reading, and writing. I love to learn and challenge myself. The personality traits that I get most comments on are that I am loyal, dependable, kind, respectful, indecisive (unless I truly know what I want), and empathetic. While I don’t like being the center of attention, it’s important for me to be acknowledged and speak my mind as I struggled with feeling overlooked and not enough - often being labeled as shy. I love finding beauty in the ordinary.

I’ll delete my description later for privacy reasons.

Zodiac: Sagittarius
Appearance: Short-ish? (height-wise). Medium length dark brown, curly-wavy hair. Light tan skin. Brown eyes, and freckles scattered across the nose.
Clothing Style: My signature outfit is a pair of blue overall shorts. Often with a creamy-colored short sleeve t-shirt or knitted pullover underneath. I’m typically barefoot.
Personality: Curious. Fairly adventurous. I’m a listener, but will speak my mind & conversate. I’d say I’m an ambivert, or perhaps an outspoken-introvert.
Quirk(s): Laughs a lot. Need glasses but fashion them on top of my head, like sunnies.
A lover of: The sea. Travel. Words & Names. Stories. Storms, but also sunshine.

Thank you :relieved: (I’d like a feminine name, by the way)

@katkabet your name is gaia coralie !!

i chose gaia because it’s short and sweet, and because i know you care a lot about the planet. it has a sweet, gentle sound, but is also the name of an incredibly powerful goddess. it’s also almost yellow (there are kind of no yellow names for me so i compromised bc gaia is green and coralie is sort of mango-orange so together ?!). also you uhh look like a gaia. coralie is there because c is the yellowest letter of the alphabet, and because it feels quite southern to me !

@sparkleninja18 your name is saga raven !!

i chose saga because of its connection to stories, and its power (badassery), being a goddess. sagas also follow long, dramatic stories, often journeys, which vaguely counts towards your love for travel. saga is also just. a really blonde name. raven feels like a very main-character name to me, which fits your vibe. they’re incredibly smart birds, and also very elegant (psychology and dance respectively). your bonus name is maia because i have seen your face and you just really look like a maia but i didn’t have a fun story for that one.

2 Likes

i’d love to know what you’d choose for me!!

description

i’m pale, tall for my age, and i have dark brown hair & hazel eyes. my hair is short and curly/wavy. i love writing, drawing, reading, and volunteering and i plan on being a therapist or a history teacher (most likely a therapist). my favorite music genres are alt pop and bedroom pop, but i also really like rap. i consider myself caring, creative, and an ambivert. honestly i dress like a gay uncle so do with that what you will

i’d like the name to be masculine, but neutral leaning masculine is cool too!!

I’m a student and I’m in my early twenties. These are some things I enjoy: reading, writing, sciece, nature and crafting. [name_f]My[/name_f] personality is introvert, optimistic and studious. I have mainly [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] heritage. I would like a feminine name (a unisex one would also work). Ideally, I would like a name that works well in [name_m]Dutch[/name_m], but if that requirement is hard for you, you don’t have to take that into account.

I literally love people renaming me, it’s so fun!

Description

I’m 21, average height, pale, light brown hair, grey/blue/green eyes. I love personality theories (if any of these mean anything to you I’m an INFP 4w5 461 sx/so melancholic-choleric blue [color code]), names (obv!), cats, naturopathy, psychoanalysing people. I’m extremely shy, my music taste is all over the place, I love travelling alone, my dream job is a housewife/stay at home mom…can’t think of anything else atm!

I’ll delete this later, but I would love to know what you would rename me!

Details

Female
[name_u]Early[/name_u] teens
American
[name_u]Gemini[/name_u]
[name_m]Brown[/name_m] hair brown eyes
Bisexual
[name_f]My[/name_f] dream jobs are actor, screenwriter and preschool teacher
[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] colors are blue and purple

Tell me if you want anymore details!

Ooooh this sounds fun!

A bit about me
  • I’m 33 (80s baby!)
  • I am a professional dancer
  • Pretty extroverted and bubbly
  • I have 7 children
  • I have mid length wavy blonde hair and green eyes
  • [name_f]My[/name_f] hobbies are [name_u]Ice[/name_u] Skating, football (soccer) & singing
  • I was born in [name_f]England[/name_f] but have lived in the US since I was about 10 (and we are moving back this summer!)
  • I have [name_u]French[/name_u], American, [name_f]English[/name_f] & Irish heritage
  • I speak fluent [name_u]French[/name_u] & Hebrew
  • I am Jewish
  • I like lots of different styles of music but mostly older music from 60s-90s
  • I have 6 siblings
  • [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite colour is green
  • I am really into fashion and I have built up my wardrobe over years to look like a vintage-chic Pinterest board :joy:

Ooh, this sounds wonderful! I’ll copy and paste the description I put on the other thread. Sorry for for any rambling! (ETA: I’m looking for a feminine name)

Summary

I’m dark eyed and haired, with long wavy hair, rosy skin, and average (slightly short) height. I have unintentionally been wearing mainly skirts and dresses for years. I have difficulty breaking my personality down into my interests, so I’ll say that most of my favorite books have characters that feel familiar, my interests are varied and evolve frequently, and my favorite music all somehow connects back to my miscreant youth (I’m just kidding; I was a well-behaved child with some bizarre music-related experiences. I’m too scared to be a miscreant). My sentences tend to be long and I love parenthetical statements! I love the natural world and exploring little pockets of it even if I don’t have a wanderer’s heart. I’m naturally a little bit stuck in my own head, but I’m working on being friendlier, more direct, and more decisive when the situation requires it. I admire people with kind, generous, and genuine spirits! For less vague personality markers, I’m allegedly an INFP.

This is such a fun idea!

About me : )

I’m nonbinary (use any pronouns, but I’d prefer a neutral name, although I do have a pretty liberal view of what “neutral” means.
I’m 16, an [name_u]Aries[/name_u], bisexual, five and a half feet tall, brown hair and green eyes. I’m a pretty quiet person, and people tend to think I’m no fun because I’m so anxious, but I can talk about the things I like for hours. I resent the idea of being “born in the wrong generation,” but I am super interested in the culture of the 1960s in general, and you could describe me as a bit of a hippie in the general sense, although it’s more of a political identity than a free-love flower child thing. [name_f]Music[/name_f] is a huge part of my life, and it’s most of what I do and think about during the day, honestly. I’m planning to go to college for linguistics, and that’s another passion of mine.

Omg yes this is an awesome idea! :sparkles:

About me!

I’m 21, small, pale, with dark brown hair and eyes. I wear glasses. I like being outdoors, cakes, reading, sci-fi and superheroes, cacti, stripes, overalls, stationery and the beach. I collect things. I identify on a spiritual level with cats. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite colour is yellow (like the sun) and my favourite smells are petrol and campfires.

I am open to any gender of name. I’m excited to see what you come up with! :crystal_ball:

Excited and a little scared to see how this goes. A feminine name would be lovely.

a brief summary of me

I am a student at a small liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere. My goal is to pursue a doctoral degree in the biomedical sciences and I pipette in my sleep. Also I’ve declared a minor in Russian literature for the vibes. I have honey brown hair in a bob cut, green blue eyes, and glasses. I have a penchant for sweaters, floral dresses (my friend once described it as Sexy Pilgrim?), and lip stain. My sun sign is Leo and my Myers Briggs is ESTJ.

oh this sounds fun!

a little about me

I have reddish-brown hair with little specks of gold and one very light blonde streak near my roots; my eyes are jade green and my skin is olive, and often tan. I’m almost always smiling (it’s a habit!) I love being outside gardening or hiking, I love cooking, baking and reading as well. I love listening to music, mostly folky stuff like The Head and The Heart and The [name_m]Avett[/name_m] Brothers. I’m a little bit of a tomboy but I love feminine names, if it has a naturey vibe that’s definitely a plus!

If you would be willing to do one for me, I would love to see what you come up with. Edit: I’m looking for a feminine or unisex name.

About Me

My sun sign is Leo. I have grey eyes and very short auburn hair that I wish was blue. I have a BA in English Literature and Writing with a minor in Art, and I’m about to start my Master’s in Teaching. My favorite book series is October Daye and I will gush about it to anyone who will listen. My favorite colors are blue, purple, and black. I love mythology and folklore. I also love to read, write, sing, and make candles. I love tea so much, my blood may very well have been replaced by it. I can shoot a bow and arrow. My favorite animals are kitties, wolves, and otters. My favorite flowers are roses, especially red and blue ones. I’m a huge tarot nerd.

1 Like