(sappho renames you)

Oh, how exciting! So many responses! I love reading about everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Here’s my own:

About Celēs

I am a soon to be 24 year old (Virgo Sun!) theatre student. I’m 5’9, natural blonde with pale skin and green eyes. I wear thick framed glasses every day of my life – I need them to see properly. :grimacing: My parents are gamers, hence me being named after a video game character… Their tastes rubbed off on me though and I too have fallen victim to the great wide realm of video game obsession.

I am a playwright and I have directed my own shows before under the umbrella of the theatre company I created in my first year of college. I really love fantasy settings and the way I dress tends to reflect that as I love wearing dresses and skirts and tops with flouncy sleeves and feeling like a princess as often as I can. I love acting (obviously), I’m really close with my two cats and my dog, I love working with children, and I am an absolute fiend when it comes to iced coffee. I’m single, but relationships mean a lot to me and I really pray for the day I get to feel someone’s romantic love again. That’s all I can think of! That’s me! :blush:

A feminine name would be ideal! Love this idea! :heart:

@amanda_joy your name is frankie jade !!

frankie is gender neutral, and tomboyish, and feels light and youthful because you are fourteen, which is tiny. i wanted to make sure i didn’t choose something harsh or aggressive. frankie is also, to me, a sort of green and brown name, which ties into your colour palette. jade is also obviously green. the whole combo feels quite sporty to me because of its casual, tomboyish style and because i used to know a frankie who played football.

@paxramena your name is rex narcissa !!

rex is traditionally masculine (although definitely works as gender neutral imo), which i thought would be a fun play on genderfluidity. it has a powerful meaning (king (the whole combo is pretty dramatic actually)) which vibes with your interests in the Romantic, but is also short and spunky because you are a human teenager and also you listen to punky music so i’m trying my best. rex was also first used as a given name in the 1800s. i chose narcissa for its slightly gothic, slightly 19th century, very Romantic style. it feels quite witchy to me which ties into your love for the craft. you gave me a lot to work with, so i’m sorry i’ve only grabbed a few things, but for what it’s worth, i think you look like a rex!

3 Likes

Thanks Sappho this is a cool name

1 Like

this is so nice of you! i have a hard time putting things into words, but let’s try:

about me

i’m a young person in my 20s in the autism, agender and asexual spectrum (whew)(a gender neutral or feminine name is ok). i have short dark brown hair, olive green eyes and pale skin. i love animals (my dog is my world), music (no talent, but love to listen to), kdramas and art in general. i just want some peace y’all. but if you make me mad ill break your kneecaps (apparently that’s a short person and leo thing)
this sounds awfully complicated so thank you in advance!

That is a really good one. So much fun. You should make it your alter ego or something.

1 Like

:joy: yeah I should
Call me Amanda or Frankie

1 Like

@may.rose your name is briallen marianne !!

i knew that i wanted a delicate, cottagecore name for you, to match your gentle, cottagecore description. marianne came into place almost immediately - it just conjures a young woman in the early twentieth century, sitting at a brook with ribbons in her hair, which seems to match your vibe nearly perfectly. i chose briallen as a first primarily for its meaning - primrose. primroses are delicate flowers, yellow like your blonde hair. they also have a long history of medicinal use, which ties perfectly into your future in nursing. also, it has the nickname bri, which is just really blonde to me for some reason (brie larson ??) , so you can have that.

@eagleeyes your name is maya kassia !!

i don’t really have an explanation for maya, but you really strike me as a maya. seeing your interest in history, i knew i wanted to choose the name of an interesting woman from history in the middle, and i chose kassia, who was brought to my attention by the perfect @acajou earlier tonight! she was a byzantine composer - not your style of music, i know, but music nonetheless. i mostly chose these names because of their colour palette; your description gives me a warm, dark, orange-based palette, probably influenced by your profile picture. these both fit that perfectly to me, being warm and open, not especially spiky or sharp, but not slight either.

4 Likes

also i know i’m getting through these horrifically slowly i’m so sorry everyone i will get there

10 Likes

Thank you, I love it! I can totally see myself as a [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and you put so much detail into explaining your thought process! [name_f]Kassia[/name_f] is super cool as well, I really like the musical and history connection!

1 Like

Oh, thank you so much for this! So much thought put into the choises! I love it!

1 Like

This is cool!

[name_f]My[/name_f] description:

I have long dark red hair, 1 brown eye, and one green eye, but it’s hard to notice. I’m 5’4. I have pale skin. I’m a teacher, I love kids. [name_f]My[/name_f] hobbies are piano, acting, singing, and guitar mainly. I’m responsible, but I’m generally just a really goofy person. I’m super talkative, a lot of people say I come off as a very happy person, which in general I am, though I’m very emotional. I’m very girly, but I like activities that are considered more boyish I guess too. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite type of music is country, and I am an ENFP.

Thanks!

hi saph !! thank you so much for doing this, love !! :two_hearts: when you’ve got the time (absolutely no rush) could I have a masculine name ? any number of middles is lovely :hearts:

quick about me

lover of rock and roll
lover of rock in general
lover of reading
lover of writing
lover of Star Wars and Marvel
lover of playing and writing music

I’m quite short :wink: and have dark hair and green eyes. I’ve been described as extroverted, very extroverted, and extremely extroverted. Language and history especially fascinates me.

thank you so much, darling :heart:

micah, jem, logan, clare, lumière, rositsa, 'imi ola, peace

Hello! Whenever you have the time, I’m actually looking for input on a new name to use in real life. I’d like a generally unisex name, but it can totally lean one way or the other. Any number of middles is perfect. Thank you! :green_heart:

About Me!

I’m a non-binary teen who is preparing for college, driving, and adult life.
Physical: I have short hair that tends to be pretty messy which I’m always dying different colours. Green/grey eyes, glasses. I’m about 5’7", and white with family from all over Europe.
Style: I love fancier/formal clothes integrated with bits of a gothy/punk style.
Personality: I’m very passionate and interested in knowledge. Curious to a fault but I care about everyone and everything. I love school and learning. I’m autistic and also pretty shy.
Interests: Anything supernatural, horror movies, steampunk, fantasy and mystery. I love TV shows like Supernatural, [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m], (and also the Great British Bake Off).

Here’s a post I made almost a year ago if you don’t remember me well enough. You can find a more detailed description of me in the Lounge Introductions.

Artemisia ~ Atalanta ~ Apollonia ~ Aristeia ~ Illyria ~ Arcadia
Ronan ~ Florian ~ Dorian ~ Firnin ~ Kieran ~ Soren

about me!
not actually going to use the name, but just very curious what kind of “name vibe” i give off!
appearance: 5’2, white, slim, shoulder length blonde hair, green eyes, long(ish) nose with freckles, look about 14 but actually 20 lol.
nationality: british, swedish, austrian !!
personality: relatively down to earth, family-oriented, loves to crack jokes and have a good time with people, but needs time to recharge. my mbti is isfp and my enneagram is 4w5, and my tritype is 468 (the most emotional of all, oops!)
hobbies: watching british comedy on tv, listening to depresso music (lol), netball, playing the drums (only recently gotten back into it!), learning about geography, & name games if that counts? :joy:
life goals: i don’t want to be special or extraordinary, i just want to live a happy and simple life! having a family and children, making wonderful memories, travelling to places etc. also i’m studying at university to become a speech therapist - i’m interested in language and love to help people so that’s why :blush:
types of names i love: anything fancy & british. that being said, i love scandinavian names too. if i was to have a daughter right this second i’d call her florence “flossie” or ada! and maybe james for a boy

This is so cool, thanks for doing this! I’d like a feminine name please!

Short description about me

Appearance
A bit short
Dark hair
Dark eyes
You can usually find me in jeans and a shirt with pale/floral designs or in dark colours

Personality & Interests
A bit shy
A bit awkward :joy:
Introvert
[name_u]Love[/name_u] drawing
[name_u]Love[/name_u] musicals
[name_u]Love[/name_u] reading
[name_u]Love[/name_u] thunderstorms and rain
[name_u]Love[/name_u] gardening
[name_u]Love[/name_u] sushi!
[name_u]Love[/name_u] pop music

Zodiac
Cancer

Sorry this was so short!

yes i’m a month late and what about it

@pomerose i would name you isola violet !!

i knew i wanted an understated, classic name - your love for “beauty in the ordinary” suggested nothing melodramatic or exuberant. i chose violet most obviously for its link to your favourite colour, but also because it’s a beautiful delicate springtime flower. violet is a gentle classic name. violet also has the link to “shrinking violet”, vaguely connected to your shy personality. isola is one of my favourite italian names because of your italianness. isola’s meaning, island, is to me associated with your blue, green, yellow, white, and gold colour palette, which to me felt gentle and beachy. isola is unusual but has simple, pared back sounds - beauty in the ordinary.

@halinka your name is marina joy !

i was obviously going to choose a nautical name, and marina is a staple. i love its classic sounds paired which the imagery of the ocean. marina is, to me, a very dark-haired name, so i can easily picture it on you. do with that what you will. marina comes with the nickname mara, which is quieter and seems like a listener. i wanted to use a word middle name because of your love for words. joy carries a lot of weight in a tiny name, and matches your free, happy-go-lucky lifestyle. there is a visual pattern here as well. marina is, for me, dark blue and untameable, while joy is bright yellow and upbeat: storms, but also sunshine.

yes there will be more

3 Likes

hey sappho! (: hope you’re well!

uh, nature & history nerd, bookworm, and chronic hozier fan. neutral or masc name, no special requirements, go wild! :heart: edit: if you need a bit more, check out my carrd!

I love this idea! Feminine name please :slight_smile:

Summary

33, female. I always wear black and grey (sometimes white). [name_m]Long[/name_m] black hair, blue eyes, Russian ancestry. Zodiac sign is Pisces and I very much identify as one lol - I cry a LOT. I love horror movies, reading and movies from the 30s/40s. Very introverted but not awkward (or so I’m told).

Oh my goodness, thank you! Marina Joy is absolutely lovely, and your reasonings behind choosing her are beautiful :blush:

1 Like