Sara?

What do we think about [name_f]Sara[/name_f]? Boring? Overdone? Slightly dated? I tend to like more unusual, less typical or common names, but for some reason [name_f]Sara[/name_f] has caught my eye somewhat. I really like the nice, sleek look and the versatility of this name. Honestly, she doesn’t really “fit in” with the rest of my list but I dunno… I’ve been pondering this name this week.

5 Likes

It’s been growing on me more too lately! I find [name_f]Sara[/name_f] to be more modern and chic, and [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is more sturdy and biblical. I like both vibes!

1 Like

Chic is a really good adjective for [name_f]Sara[/name_f]! I picture this 80s/90s “it girl”. (And I am a lover of those kinds of names anyway). It’s honestly a name I never thought would ever be on my radar but it kind of hit me like a brick a few days ago that I actually like it a lot?

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Sara[/name_f], mostly when it’s pronounced Sar-ruh (sar rhyming with car or bar). If it’s like [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] without the h, I’m not so into it.

That said, I knew the most lovely [name_f]Sara[/name_f] - so smiley, strong, kind and creative :heart:

I kind of miss having a new influx of Sara/Sarah’s I say why not. Not every kid has to sound like a floral combination sometimes it’s just nice to have a little familiarity.

2 Likes

I have (and probably always will) adore Sara!!! However, I think it’s seen very differently among different generations. People my age (mid 20’s) seem to really love these “dated” names like [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Sara[/name_f], [name_f]Mag[/name_f], and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]! In fact, my coworker (same age) has a little [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] DS (early 30s) has a very different opinion :sweat_smile:

I think for the “zoomers” names like [name_f]Sara[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (and maybe even Stephanie) are probably ready for revival!

I love [name_f]Sara[/name_f]! Its such a lovely, timeless classic and I would love to meet a new little [name_f]Sara[/name_f]. And [name_f]Sally[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] are adorable if you wanted a nickname. If it didn’t start with an initial I’m dodging it would be extrememly high on my list. I do prefer the [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] spelling.

I think Sara/Sarah is the kind of name that can never not work. It’s timeless. It’s beautiful. It works in virtually any language.
It can be seen as kinda plain if you know too many, but with the variety of names used today, I don’t think it would be an issue as it could have been in the 90s for example - or another decade, I actually have no idea when [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] was most popular, in my mind it’s one of those names that have always been there and will always be there.

How are you pronouncing it? I would pronounce this sah-ra rather than [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], I’ve had to remove it from my list for other reasons but I inexplicably love it amongst my far more unusual options.

It’s ok, not a favourite. I do see it as a classic and a name you can’t go wrong with. I actually know two little Sarah/Sara, and it fits them well.

Im mid 30s and probably knew more Sara(h)s growing up than any other name. Its a good name but not one Im excited about.

I like [name_f]Sara[/name_f]! It has been growing on me lately. I do prefer the [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] spelling. I knew a few Sarahs growing up, but it never felt so overdone to me (as a millennial).

I like it, it’s simple and classic but still has character. I think it’s one of those names that so many people view as common that they don’t even consider it and in turn it’s become kind of slept on in recent years. I’m 18 and I’ve only ever met one or two Saras/Sarahs around my age. So I’d be kind of pleasantly surprised to see it on a baby, actually. Though I do think the [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] spelling is nicer and more substantial.

I feel like [name_f]Sara[/name_f] is super enthusiastic, optimistic, and kind, [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is straight-forward and grounded, and [name_f]Serah[/name_f] is gentle and soft

Definitely overdone imo. Sounds pretty though

I think she sounds fresh! I’m 26 and only grew up with two Sarahs and I don’t think I’ve every taught a little [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]. I think it was most overdone for the generation right before me. I do prefer the h spelling but I can see the appeal of streamlined [name_f]Sara[/name_f].

I honestly love it! I haven’t met a little Sarah/ [name_f]Sara[/name_f] in years !

Sara/Sarah is great. I know a whole bunch of great Sarah’s in their 30’s, and a few Sara’s that are double-barreled into other names.
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f] is a really cool alternative, and [name_f]Sari[/name_f] is a really cute nickname.

I think it’s pretty. I know one. In my region it’s pronounced differently from [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] though - we would say [name_f]Sara[/name_f] to rhyme with [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Lara[/name_f] etc.

i think sara is a classic and timeless name that definitely has some versatility to it. it may not be as unique as some other names, but sometimes a simple and sleek name is just what you need. if it’s caught your eye, then it’s worth considering for sure!