Sarafina or Fiona?

Hello! I am having my third child any day now and would love your input for names!!!

My other children’s names are [name]Antonio[/name] [name]Michael[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. We have a 3-syllable italian last name. Here are our ideas for girls’ names:

[name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Maria[/name]
[name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Lia[/name]
[name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Mia[/name]
[name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Maria[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Elena[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Evelina[/name]

[name]Alessia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]

The middle names all have some sort of family significance. Now that I have them written down, I am not at all crazy about all the “a” endings. I’ll take any ideas/recommendations! Also we chose the spelling of [name]Sarafina[/name] instead of [name]Seraphina[/name] because of the Italian theme going on (We are an Italian American family, our names are [name]Celina[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Bernardo[/name] [name]Antonio[/name], so we are used to unique family names that end in vowels!) I put up another post for boys names ([name]VIto[/name]??) if you are interested in commenting.

Thanks in advance.

I think I like [name]Sarafina[/name] better with [name]Antonio[/name] [name]Michael[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] than [name]Fiona[/name]. Although [name]Fiona[/name] is a nice name, it’s Scottish origin kind of throws me off. [name]Just[/name] curious: is there any reason you spell [name]Seraphina[/name] as [name]Sarafina[/name]? Is there some relative you’re honouring with this spelling? I personally would spell it either [name]Seraphina[/name] or the Italian version [name]Serafina[/name] but that’s just me! I would not use another “a” ending name in the middle spot. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Marie[/name], [name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Sarafina[/name] [name]Eve[/name] instead? With your longer surname, I think the shorter middle name would sound better. Best wishes and let us know how everything goes!

[name]Serafina[/name]!

Thank you for the spelling info- yes, [name]Serafina[/name], not [name]Sarafina[/name]!

Usually I’d go for [name]Fiona[/name] over [name]Sarafina[/name], but I love [name]Sarafina[/name] with your other children’s names. Your baby will have a beautiful name either way!

[name]Fiona[/name] is my favorite between the two, but I like [name]Serafina[/name] much more with your other children’s names. I love [name]Serafina[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], or simply [name]Serafina[/name] [name]Eve[/name]. Beautiful!

I second gigi, [name]Serafina[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] is beautiful. The rest feel a little bit sing-songy with both first and middle names ending in “a”. [name]Fiona[/name] feels too Irish/Scottish for your family, but [name]Alessia[/name] is nice! [name]Serafina[/name] is still my favorite, though.

With your other kids, I’d say [name]Serafina[/name] (I prefer this spelling) [name]Evelyn[/name]. It’s a Latinate first name with an English middle. [name]Fiona[/name] is super Gaelic to me, and an odd match with [name]Antonio[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name] (I assume you pronounce it loo-CHEE-a?). I think [name]Alessia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] also goes quite well. They’re all beautiful though!

Usually I would pick [name]Fiona[/name] but [name]Serafina[/name] goes so much better with your other kids names.

[name]Fiona[/name]! It’s one of my favorite names. [name]Serafina[/name] (not [name]Sarafina[/name]!) is nice, but overly frilly/princessy to me. I actually think [name]Fiona[/name] goes best with your other children, despite its Scottish origins. [name]Antonio[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name]-- gorgeous!

[name]Serafina[/name] matches your childrens’ names. [name]Fiona[/name] is a lovely name too.