Sari ______ ?

See the results of this poll: Middle name for Sari (pronounced like Mary with an S)

Respondents: 43 (This poll is closed)

• Mia : 1 (2%)
  • Olivia : 13 (25%)
  • Elise : 14 (26%)
  • Margaret : 18 (34%)
  • Evelyn: 7 (13%)

I think [name]Sari[/name] [name]Elise[/name] is very sweet!

[name]Just[/name] thought of one more great option… [name]Sari[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]! Shoot… gonna have to start another poll once I widdle this one down :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], but I think I like [name]Olivia[/name] best out of those two. If [name]Amelia[/name] was on there, I definitely would have voted for that one (though I prefer the [name]Emilia[/name] spelling just because it’s a family name). I think a longer name would sound better with two syllable first and last. Does your last name end in “a” or “ia”? That would make me vote for [name]Margaret[/name] instead.

I don’t think [name]Sari[/name] will ever be pronounced Sarey.

I really like [name]Margaret[/name], since I think a vowel name will blend into Sarey.

Thanks all… [name]Blade[/name] - I know 2 [name]Sari[/name]'s - both pronounced Sarey (like [name]Mary[/name]) so I think it would fly. I do like the idea of [name]Emilia[/name] instead of [name]Amelia[/name] too.

I personally think [name]Sari[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Sari[/name] [name]Elise[/name] have the nicest flow :slight_smile:

I would assume it’s pronounced like Sar-[name]Ree[/name], but since your circle pronounces it as Sarey, I suppose it’ll work. I chose [name]Sari[/name] [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Sari[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. I think they have the best flow and sound out of all the options.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Thanks! The [name]Sari[/name]'s are actually from different parts of my life so not in same circle… I just assumed until nameberry that it was the obvious pronounciation :slight_smile:

[name]Sari[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] has my vote

I know a baby [name]Sari[/name] whose middle name is [name]Matilda[/name].

[name]Sari[/name] is pn Sar-ee, and it’s an [name]Indian[/name] dress… not sure if that’s something I would name my child, just thought i’d point it out

I’m with everyone else, I would not have thought [name]Sari[/name] was pronounced Sarey, it’s definitely Sar-ee to me. It’s a pretty name though…

I like the sound of “Sarey” [name]Elise[/name], but [name]Sari[/name] immediately makes me think of the [name]Indian[/name] dress (sah-ree).

I appreciate the thoughts on the pronunciation… I have a friend with a [name]Sari[/name] friend on Facebook too and asked her about how she pronounced it and again it was like [name]Mary[/name] with an S… that makes 3. I think if I used it I would run into that issue but after telling someone once or after originally meeting her, it doesn’t seem like it would be difficult or tricky to remember. The [name]Sari[/name]'s I know (and now know of) pronounced like the way I am intending are from [name]California[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] and Michigan so it isn’t a regional or immediate surrounding thing. I do have to realize however that this would be an issue if I ever chose this name. Thank you for letting me know how you see/hear it :slight_smile: @Catloverd - I see several of your names bring to mind things other than people so not sure why you can’t see how [name]Sari[/name] is also a name. Thanks for your input anyways :slight_smile:

onelone - I also knew two women named [name]Sari[/name] who pronounced it sare-ee, so I’m totally with you.

The [name]Indian[/name] sari and the name [name]Sari[/name] are totally unrelated. As I understand it, the name is related to [name]Sarah[/name] - it’s a legitimate alternative to [name]Sarai[/name]. For what it’s worth, both the [name]Sari[/name]'s I knew were Jewish.

Anyway, I think a three syllable name would be best for the middle.

[name]Just[/name] fyi: Before you described the pronunciation, I was pronouncing it SAH-ree. Maybe because the [name]Indian[/name] dress?

Thanks all! I am loving [name]Sari[/name] and have come up with even more middle name choices ([name]Elena[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Marine[/name] to name some) so I am sure I will be doing another poll for [name]Sari[/name] middles soon. I really appreciate all the feedback, good and bad :slight_smile: