Sariah?

My DH and I have recently fallen in love with the name [name]Sariah[/name]. We love that’s it’s a not-so-common variation of [name]Sarah[/name]. Our other girl name that is set in stone (honoring our grandmothers) is [name]Melina[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Do[/name] [name]Melina[/name] and [name]Sariah[/name] work as a sib-set? Also, what would be a good middle name for [name]Sariah[/name]?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sariah[/name]!!! I think it is so underused! I have considered [name]Sariah[/name] for my own list several times. I think [name]Melina[/name] works well with [name]Sariah[/name]. For a MN:

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

ooh!!! I like those suggestions!!! Thanks :slight_smile:

I also love [name]Sariah[/name] and think it is great with [name]Melina[/name].

[name]Melina[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and …

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Fern[/name]

I like other variations of [name]Sarah[/name], like [name]Sarai[/name], [name]Sarita[/name], [name]Zara[/name], and [name]Zahra[/name] more than I like [name]Sariah[/name], but I do like [name]Melina[/name].

I think [name]Sariah[/name] will just get read and spelt as [name]Sarah[/name] a lot, with the occasional people who notice its different but think its creative/a mistake. Which is a bit unfortunate. But the other variations are a bit more distinct while still having ties, and balance out a classically pretty name like [name]Melina[/name] a bit more.

If [name]Sarah[/name] if pronounced Suh-rai-uh, then it reminds me of [name]Soraya[/name], which I believe is pronounced the same. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the name because 1) its sound reminds me strongly of psoriasis, a skin condition and 2) I think that are prettier alternatives to [name]Sarah[/name]. I love [name]Zara[/name]! but I guess it’s personal taste.

[name]Melina[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is very pretty though.

I would really like [name]Sariah[/name] but I think it would be misspelled and misread all the time and auto-‘corrected’ to [name]Sarah[/name] everywhere.

Also, I thought about [name]Soraya[/name] for my list which is pronounced the same as [name]Sariah[/name] but someone said to me they could only hear the beginning of Psoriasis and it totally ruined it for me - couldn’t get it out of my head :frowning: