satyana (alyson hannigan)

how does everyone feel about the name satyana? alyson hannigan named her recently born baby satyana (dont know middle name). i dont know how i feel about it, but it at least does sound nice with the last name (denisof)… i wonder if its a family name? has anyone ever heard it before?

I was disappointed with their choice. I don’t know if I’ve just never heard it before, but it sounds thoroughly made up to me. I think her husband has russian origins, maybe they were going for something a bit russian sounding? If so, there are so many gorgeous russian names, I think they could have done better. I also dislike the spelling.

I’ve met a few Indians with the name (Eastern, not American). It’s not a bad name and it’s got a pretty decent meaning: sat means truth and yana means vehicle; together, it means ”a vehicle for action infused with the grace of spirit.”

Not bad. Feels a bit try too hard for the white chick she is, but it’s legit all right.

I’ve met a few Indians with the name (Eastern, not American). It’s not a bad name and it’s got a pretty decent meaning: sat means truth and yana means vehicle; together, it means ”a vehicle for action infused with the grace of spirit.”

Not bad. Feels a bit try too hard for the white chick she is, but it’s legit all right.

All I see when I read this is Satana, which has a dark connotation to me. It might be a lovely name for a particular culture who recognizes it and knows its meaning, but to me here in MN, not a choice I would make!

I agree…I immediatley see “Satan”

not good :frowning:

Yeah–makes me think of either “Satan” or “[name]Santana[/name].” And how do you pronounce it? Like “[name]Anna[/name]” or “[name]Ana[/name]”? I don’t know: it’s just funny.

Sadly all I can think of is the nickname Satan. There are a lot of pretty names and [name]Satyana[/name] is not a prety name at all.

if [name]Satyana[/name] lived in Indonesia maybe his name will pronounced SAT-TEE-YA-NA
it’s not too weird in Indonesia. it’s close too Satya or Setya or Setia in Bahasa Indonesia which means [name]LOYAL[/name]; FAITHFUL. pretty cool, uh?

it comes from the root Satya which is a Sankirt word that means truth, Since her husband is of Russian descent they added [name]Ana[/name]. So you get [name]Satyana[/name] :slight_smile: I [name]Love[/name] [name]Alyson[/name] and think she picked a great name for her daughter
It is pronounced like [name]Tatiana[/name] but with an S