Sawyer for a girl?

I really love the name [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] for a girl. I’ve seen some pretty harsh comments on the web concerning the name being used for a girl. To me, it sounds spunky and different. [name_m]Will[/name_m] the kid be teased mercilessly? :wink:
Need some suggestions on a middle name. I definitely want the mn to be feminine. Our front runner is [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the initials SK too.
Thoughts?

I personally am not a fan of male names being used for girls. However, I do not think that your child would be teased mercilessly. I agree that you should definitely pair [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] with a feminine middle. [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] is nice.

Other Suggestions
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

I think that [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] has a unisex appeal, especially since it is not a name you hear a lot on either boys or girls. I do know a little girl named [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] so this might help with my own views towards the name. I say if you love it go for it. I don’t think she’ll be the subject of teasing.

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] is lovely and agree that something distinctly feminine and even a touch frilly would help balance it out.

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]

I think people should name their kids whatever they want - and I hate all Nameberry’s articles on what criteria you should have etc. Name them after countries, or yourself, or Nazi dictators or spell them in a stupid way. The only thing I would say is PLEASE do not give your daughter a prominently masculine name if you wouldn’t name your son [name_f]Emily[/name_f].

What about: [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Nayara[/name_f], Sayah, [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Greer[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

I love sawyer [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]! I’d love to use it myself but I’m undecided bw this name and 2 others.

I really like the name [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] for a girl! I’m one of those people that prefer girly classic names and strangely enough it appeals to me! I don’t think you have to worry about teasing at all. [name_f]IMO[/name_f] it will be one of those cool names, slightly trendy, but hip. There are several characters on TV shows already that are female Sawyers. I say go with it if you love it! [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] is really nice too!

I actually really like [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] on a girl! It totally doesn’t go with my style, but there’s some adventurous, spunky, fun about [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] that I really like. I don’t care for it on a boy at all. [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] is nice solid name.

There is nothing remotely feminine about [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]. Unless you call her by her first and middle names all of the time, it won’t matter if she has a feminine middle name. She will still be girl-[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] in a class with a male named [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u].

All - Thanks for the advice! I think even though [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] is used mostly for boys, the word itself doesn’t sound overtly masculine to me. We will likely use [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] if it’s a girl. Thanks again!

I adore [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] for a girl! At first it was all boy to me because of [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] on Lost, but I actually prefer it for girls.
Go for it!

My cousin named her first daughter [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] M******. It fits her perfectly! [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] on a girl - do it :slight_smile: