Sawyer-girl or boy?

First, let me just say this website is amazing & thank you all for being so welcoming.

Second, the name [name]Sawyer[/name] has been growing on me but I don’t know if I like it better for a boy or a girl. For the longest time, I was set on [name]Sawyer[/name] for a girl but now I like it for a boy. I guess I could always save it for the future. I’m just not sure now. I also was considering giving my baby boy whom I’m expecting shortly 2 middle names in order to get [name]Sawyer[/name] in there. I am now considering [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Reed[/name] as his full name. Any opinions on this? [name]Do[/name] you like it better just as [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Reed[/name]? Should I save [name]Sawyer[/name] for a future girl? Help!

Thank you berries.

I have always seen [name]Sawyer[/name] as a boys name, and the only Sawyers I know are boys. I can’t even picture it on a girl, to be honest.

I love [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Reed[/name]!

To me, [name]Sawyer[/name] is all boy. I like your combo of [name]Bennet[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Reed[/name]!

[name]Sawyer[/name] is a boys name to me. [name]Even[/name] though some parents are choosing it for their girls, I don’t find it unisex in the slightest. [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Reed[/name] is a fine combo!

I’m with the other posters. [name]Sawyer[/name] is all boy to me. Whenever I hear it, I think of [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name], so it’s hard for me to picture it on a girl.

[name]Do[/name] you think it’s odd that my boy will have 2 middle names but my other four children don’t? Thanks for feedback!

[name]Sawyer[/name] doesn’t sound at all feminine. Plus with a sister with a fem name like [name]Laurel[/name], a girl [name]Sawyer[/name] will be the odd ball

[name]Do[/name] you definetly want [name]Bennett[/name] as the fn?
Your sibset has a bit of a Western feel- [name]Easton[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]River[/name], and [name]Laurel[/name]. [name]Bennett[/name] fits but [name]Sawyer[/name] fits even better. And there’s a softness to the other four names. [name]Sawyer[/name] has that same softness, while [name]Bennett[/name] doesn’t. I like [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Reed[/name] or [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]

I’d consider [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Reed[/name] but [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] doesn’t do it for me. I was pretty set on [name]Bennett[/name] but I’m not sure now!

I have always had [name]Sawyer[/name] on my long list of girl’s names…I prefer it on a girl!

Another vote for all boy. I think [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Reed[/name] is a great combo, but I’m not sure I could give just one out of five of my kids two middle names. That may just be a quirk of mine though, and I don’t think it would be terrible if you gave him two middle names. I reeeaaallllllyyy do like just [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Reed[/name] though and I think it is absolutely perfect with your other kiddos’ names.

[name]Sawyer[/name] is all boy to me. I think of [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name] and you can’t get any more boy than that.

Boys name only!

I had a dear friend whose name was [name]Sawyer[/name], and she was a girl. [name]Even[/name] though it’s traditionally a boy’s name, the name suited her perfectly and I can’t imagine her being named anything else.

Edit: That being said, I like it for a boy too.

Simply because we don’t want our son’s names to be too similar in ending with -er ([name]River[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name]), we are going to stick with [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Reed[/name], however I will save [name]Sawyer[/name] for a potential middle name for either girl or a boy that we have in the future. (Yes we plan on having more children, haha) :slight_smile: Thank you for your help!