Sawyer or Graham

We are expecting our second baby in [name]March[/name] and we don’t know the sex yet. Our first daughter is named [name]Gemma[/name] and our last name is [name]Bale[/name]. For boys, we like [name]Sawyer[/name] or [name]Graham[/name], and for middle names, we like [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] or something else with a few syllables to go with our short last name! We like the idea of [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Graham[/name]…G and G but one of us likes [name]Sawyer[/name] better. Thoughts?

[name]Graham[/name] [name]Bale[/name] sounds too choppy to me, so I would go with [name]Sawyer[/name]. I think you need at least 2 syllables to flow with your last name. BTW, my son’s name is [name]Graham[/name] and had he been a girl, he would have been [name]Gemma[/name].

[name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Graham[/name] are both nice names. [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bale[/name] makes me think of [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bell[/name], but that’s not a bad namesake. [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Bale[/name] sounds like Saw Your [name]Bell[/name], but that doesn’t really matter. It’s nothing to be teased about. It’s hard naming children when your last name sounds like a noun, but I think both of your options are great! Eenie Meenie Miney [name]Moe[/name]?

[name]Ah[/name] – I was leaning towards [name]Graham[/name] but Jackobeam is right – [name]Graham[/name] [name]Bale[/name] isn’t enough syllables. I do like [name]Sawyer[/name] too, though.

I think [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] sounds nice, but it depends on how your feel about the alliterative “s” sounds. I don’t like [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] because of the repeating “-er” sound at the end.

I always hate suggesting middle names because I really think this is a chance for a family to come up with something meaningful to them – either through family names, shared favorite things, or perhaps even a suggestion from an older brother or sister. Can you give a few family details (nothing too personal if you don’t want) & maybe we can come up with something? [name]Do[/name] you play any particular sports together? Have any particular interests?

I agree with the syllable discussion. [name]Gemma[/name]'s middle name is [name]Juliet[/name], hence our [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] suggestion. The spouse likes [name]Oliver[/name], but SOB would be the initials! We like E names too…[name]Everett[/name] came up the other day. We have an easier time with girl names. We’re leaning towards [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Lila[/name] _______ for a girl. Boy names are hard!

Sorry all, wow my brain is dead today and I was using my iphone which self corrects spelling…our last name is [name]Baze[/name], not [name]Bale[/name]. I didnt’ even notice! It probably won’t change much since it’s still one syllable, starting with B.

Disregard my comment then!

I like [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Baze[/name] & [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Baze[/name] best.

[name]Graham[/name] [name]Baze[/name] is still too choppy! [name]Sawyer[/name] sounds much better with your last name. [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] would be nice to see. Are you looking for more middle name options?

I agree with Bedhead! [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Baze[/name] is lovely and rolls off the tongue.

Why not [name]Sebastian[/name] as a first name? I think it goes better with [name]Baze[/name]!

Yes we are looking for middle names, thanks for the responses. We like [name]Sebastian[/name] but not sure enough over [name]Sawyer[/name], the nicknames for both aren’t plentiful but Soy is pretty cool.