Scarlett or Scarlet?

See the results of this poll: Which spelling do you prefer?

Respondents: 38 (This poll is closed)

• Scarlett : 24 (63%)
  • Scarlet: 14 (37%)

I like both, but I automatically use [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

[name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] looks really incomplete to me. If someone told me their name was [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]/t, I’d assume it was the two T spelling.

I am not a fan of extraneous letters in names, so I understand the appeal of [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]. However, I much prefer [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] for the simple reason that it is the standard spelling. If you use [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f], her name would be misspelled most of the time. She would always have to make a point of there being just one T every time she gives out her name.

I voted for [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] but I actually prefer [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] at the present moment…like the color rather than the heroine of GWTW…it just looks better…I also prefer [name_f]Charlet[/name_f] to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]…and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] to [name_f]Violette[/name_f]…at least this month lol :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] just makes more sense because it’s the typical spelling of [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] when used as a name as far as I can tell.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] looks more complete and more like a name. I also love the GWTW reference :slight_smile:

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] looks more complete to me :slight_smile: