Sean or Shawn?

Which spelling do you prefer and why?

I prefer [name_u]Sean[/name_u]; it just looks cleaner!

4 Likes

Shawn. I have a family member with this name.

Sean is super handsome

I prefer [name_u]Sean[/name_u]. It looks… better? Idk :joy:

I prefer [name_u]Shawn[/name_u] not sure why!

Of these two, I prefer [name_u]Shawn[/name_u], though my favorite spelling is [name_u]Shaun[/name_u]. Not sure I can articulate why—the Sh- makes it feel warmer, more approachable, perhaps. [name_u]Sean[/name_u] seems more cool and detached. But I like the name however it’s spelled.

Definitely [name_u]Sean[/name_u]. I agree with @almostactually: it definitely looks cleaner. I also think it looks more correct.

2 Likes

Shawn! I think it looks a bit nicer and even though I know the pronunciation, my mind immediately wants to say “See-ann” for [name_u]Sean[/name_u].

2 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Sean[/name_u] ! :blush:

Definitely [name_u]Sean[/name_u]! It looks much cleaner to me.

Shawn.
Because it’s more phonetic

1 Like

Same

There are so many spelling possibilities with this name that I would probably avoid it. Personally I know a lot more [name_u]Sean[/name_u]’s than [name_u]Shawn[/name_u] or [name_u]Shaun[/name_u] but phonetically I think [name_u]Shawn[/name_u] is correct.

It’s like [name_f]Alana[/name_f] , [name_f]Alanna[/name_f] ,Allannah - why!!

Sean- feels more authentically Irish.

Also, [name_u]Shawn[/name_u]/Shaun the sheep :sheep::weary:

Shaun the Sheep! I loved him :joy::joy:

1 Like

I prefer the look of [name_u]Sean[/name_u]

No to throw a spanner in the works, but my default spelling is always [name_u]Shaun[/name_u].

Sean always looks like it should rhyme with bean, and the W in [name_u]Shawn[/name_u] looks awkward to me.

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Shawn[/name_u] out of these two, although I don’t mind either. [name_u]Shaun[/name_u] is also another way to spell it that I like just as equally. [name_u]Shawn[/name_u] just looks more put together and more phonetically correct to me.

I do like the way [name_u]Shaun[/name_u] looks!

1 Like