Second guessing my #1 combo?!

Hey Berries!

So, it seems my taste has changed once again. Not drastically, but enough to make me question [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]. I still live the sentiment behind it, but it feels too out there and not really “me” if you know what I mean. I just don’t think I would be brave enough to use it irl.

Pros for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]:

• I love The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f], and [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is my favorite song in it! I always fantasize about singing it to my little girl one day.
  • I love its overall imagery.

Cons for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]:

• Two flower names. (Sounds a little cheap and cheesy?)
  • Questioning the flow and sound of [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f].

I would have never considered changing this combo had I not thought of a different one to replace it: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]! :heart_eyes: It feels so soft and elegant. It doesn’t have any special meaning, except for the fact that it makes me extremely happy. One of my best friends’ names is [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], so this could also be a nice way of honoring her! ([name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] would be pronounced “mad-eh-LEN”).

So, what do you think?

• [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]

0 voters

I wanted to add some notes to my vote!

Two flower names is a lot, and though I believe Rose Edelweiss is entirely usable regardless, maybe it’s time to try out another combo. That’s why I voted for Rose Madeleine. The combo is stunning and I love seeing Rose in the first name place. Rose Madeleine flows beautifully and feels timeless and distinct.

I suggest you replace Rose Edelweiss with Rose Madeleine on your list just to see how it feels! If you feel a sense of contentment with your new combo, keep it. If you feel like there’s an Edelweiss-sized hole inside you, then you can always add it back again! For me at least that’s the easiest way to deal with name doubt.

Edelweiss is gorgeous and if two flower names seems like too much you can of course always start a topic for potential firsts! Maybe Edelweiss would seem more usable and less brave if you had a non-wordy first? I’d post some ideas here but I’m not sure if you want them since that’s not really your question.

Good luck!! I just bring up Edelweiss because it’s so personally significant to you that perhaps having two separate combos might help!

3 Likes

Rose [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is gorgeous

2 Likes

Rose [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is stunning! <3

I think [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is pretty and definitely carries sweet sentiment, but I do agree with your cons. Perhaps you could find another fn for [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]?

2 Likes

I agree @midwinter and @elanorelle! I’m definitely open to any suggestions for a first name for [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]! Are there any already in my user card that would work? Thank you to everyone so far for your thoughts!

Hmm…I honestly think the names in your user card have such great flow already. Are there any names you love that you don’t have a combo for yet?

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and [name_f]Heidi[/name_f]. I don’t know if I love them enough though… I’d be open to anything similar to my style!

1 Like

Thank you @jonquils! I definitely have a lot to think over! I do think I’ll take @midwinter’s suggestion and try them both out for awhile!

1 Like

Let’s see… Your style seems to be short and sweet, rather vintage, and down-to-earth. I’d suggest:
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenny[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you @elanorelle! [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are wonderful! I’ll definitely think these through!

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]!
Some suggestions!
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Chamomile[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Kaede[/name_u]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Avril[/name_f]

1 Like

I love @elanorelle’s suggestions of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f], and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]! And @jonquils is absolutely right, a fluid style doesn’t mean sacrificing your favorites.

Other ideas -
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_u]Ara[/name_u] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]

2 Likes

I was just thinking of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f]! [name_f]Mira[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] are so beautiful too! Thank you @midwinter!

1 Like

I chose [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] because I agree with a lot of users that two flower names is a lot, but both combos are lovely! I think the combo [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is really pretty too, from looking at your user card, but almost all of your fn choices on there would be pretty with it as well.

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

I still can’t help but adore [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] - I swooned the first time I saw it! I suppose it’s because to me [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is such a classic name that I forget it’s also botanical (but then I’m also me and can never have too many flower names!)

I think both options flow beautifully so I’m not going to oppose [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] but I do think if you’re finding another FN for [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] then it needs similar qualities to [name_f]Rose[/name_f]: short, chic, and classic.

I tried to think of some but none are nearly as lovely as [name_f]Rose[/name_f] imho:
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Dot[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]

1 Like

Original combos:
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

Possible revamp:
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]

Ahhh! I love both versions so much!

2 Likes

I love the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ! I have never heard of [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] being used as a name before but I think it could be a cool middle name for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as they’re both flower names ! An alternative could be [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Edel[/name_m] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know you didn’t ask, but, if you don’t mind, I’ll tell you what I think. All of them are lovely, so you really can’t go wrong!

But, if I were to pick, I’d say keep [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] – those are flawlessly matched, imo. [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is also perfect, but [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is seriously stunning! I do feel like [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is much less expected and, therefore, has the upper hand here. And, of course, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is a definite yes from me!

Overall, [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is :heart_eyes:.

3 Likes

Aww! Thank you! I wasn’t sure how much I was going to switch around, so your insight really helps! :blush:

1 Like