Second guessing my choice...Is Corinne a better name?

My husband and I decided on [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], mainly because we are both in love with the nicknames [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Livy[/name_f]. I just can’t seem to feel confident in our choice, though, mainly because of its popularity. With one week to go, we are back to reconsidering other names, and we’re driving ourselves crazy!

The other names on our list are:

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]

Our other daughter is [name_f]Elise[/name_f], whom we call [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] most of the time, and so we wouldn’t consider the [name_f]Elena[/name_f] spelling because it’s too similar. [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is a family name that I think is beautiful, but I worry about pronunciation issues (we say cuh-[name_f]RIN[/name_f]). [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is a name I like, but my husband has teenage witch associations. And we’ve considered names like [name_f]Livia[/name_f] or Liviana to get to [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but ruled that out.

Between [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Alaina[/name_f], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] which do you prefer?

I adore [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]! I think it’s beautiful and if you named your daughter [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], she would probably be the only one in her class at school! :slight_smile:
Congrats!

[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is my favorite, although [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is also beautiful.

[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is my favorite!

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is nice, but I really like [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] with [name_f]Elise[/name_f]! They both have a classy, elegant-but-accessible feel and I like that they have the same rhythm but sound completely different. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is also very pretty—have you considered [name_f]Sabine[/name_f]/[name_f]Sabina[/name_f] to eliminate the teenage witch associations?

I might cross [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] off the list because of the similar beginning to [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and the probable spelling confusion. Overall, I’d rank them:

[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaina[/name_f]

Good luck choosing!

I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but if you are doubting it my next choice would be [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]. It is the loveliest out of your other selection. I don’t think it is too hard to pronounce - the double N means that anyone with sense should know to say “cuh-[name_f]RIN[/name_f]” (“co-reen” would be a single N).
I know a [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] and her NN is Rhinny which I think is really cute and sweet. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and Rhin/Rhinny is very sweet!

I adore [name_f]Liv[/name_f]/[name_f]Livy[/name_f] too, but [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] are perfection together!

Another vote for [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is a great name, but I agree that the popularity isn’t ideal. [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is a nice balance of unusual, but not weird or outlandish. Plus [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] are adorable names for sisters!

I also would choose [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] over [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] because of the huge popularity of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. She will certainly be [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] #2 or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] B. or whatever last initial. You can also consider [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] as a mn and use [name_f]Livy[/name_f]/[name_f]Livie[/name_f] as a nn.

Some others that are beautiful

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Alyvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]

[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] are perfect together! I would pronounce it the same way you hope people do. I think [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] almost sound too similar to use together plus, as others have said, she’ll be [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] X. among [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Y. and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Z. To me, the sheer number of Olivias in the world dilutes the beauty of the name. [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], however, is just as beautiful and even a little more because it’s more unique. Good luck!

You could always use [name_f]Liv[/name_f] by itself, with a nickname of [name_f]Livvy[/name_f].

[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is much nicer with [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but I prefer [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]

I would go with [name_f]Olive[/name_f] maybe, because its definitely less popular but it sounds nice with [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] also works. I do like [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] though, and you could spell it [name_f]Elaina[/name_f] to go with the E theme.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is by far the prettiest name on your list [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. Though [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is pretty too.
I dont’t like [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] (bad assocoation).
And [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] is not my style.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry too much about popularity, you could choose a quirky and uncommon middle name!
Or you could use [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] as a middle name.
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is just gorgeous! And it goes well with [name_f]Elise[/name_f]!

Another vote here for [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]!

I happen to love the name [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] just go so perfectly together as sisters.

I like [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]!!

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is very pretty, but out of the others I like [name_f]Alaina[/name_f]. It has cute nickname options and I think it goes well with [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], good luck deciding!

I adore [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] and would say it the same way as you, and it’s much more unique than [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

I agree that [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is veeery popular, and for that reasons, I’d advise against using it. I love the name [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], but definitely think you could run into pronunciation issues (I would’ve pronounced it [name_m]COR[/name_m]-in). If you use the nn [name_f]Cori[/name_f], you could avoid that, though. I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Alaina[/name_f], but I do like [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Serena[/name_f], [name_f]Selena[/name_f], or [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Fina[/name_f], how cute) would be good alternatives for that?