second middle name??

any thoughts on second middle names in general?

I like [name]Amber[/name] Imbali Lightfoot, without a 2nd middle name.

If you really want a 2nd middle name, I’d probably go with a 1 syllable name so it doesn’t become too much of a mouthful.

[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Mae[/name] Lightfoot
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Sage[/name] Lightfoot
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Rae[/name] Lightfoot
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Wren[/name] Lightfoot

I personally think you should leave it without a second middle name.

Thanks for the opinions. We where thinking it seems to flow better with a second middle name and in the uk it’s quite a common thing to do. I like the one syllable idea sage it lovely. We had [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Constance[/name] in mind. Any opinions on those?

Thanks again

I am a MASSIVE fan of two middle names, but in all honesty I think there is so much going on with [name]Amber[/name] Imbali Lightfoot that adding in a second mn might take away from her name.

If you really do want to add one in, I like:

[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali Andrika

I’m having a hard time because [name]Amber[/name] Imbali is quite exotic all together, and when I add in your ideas of [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name], etc. it kind of throws off the feel of her name. They seem to bring it down somehow! Mess up the flow I guess… I will keep thinking on this!

I like [name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Rose[/name]. I know what you mean about there being allot going on. I love [name]Amber[/name] Imbali and I love [name]Amber[/name] Lightfoot, but together it feels a bit much, so I thought another name might break it up.

I could always give her a different last name as we have quite a few options, My maiden name is [name]Gardner[/name] which My husband would be fine with using for her and would then take it as a middle name for himself and I could also go back to that name, His surname is Lightfoot-Dyer so we could use either or both of those too. I just liked Lightfoot the best as it’s unusual. Any thoughts would be great. I’m getting confused now!

Thanks,

[name]Lara[/name]

Although usually not a fan of 2 middle names I think it is different because you live in the UK where it is common practice and government forms etc are used to this. So I think [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Imbali Lightfoot is perfect just leave it at that.

The going back to your maiden name [name]Gardner[/name] is way too complicated, don’t do that.
And a hyphenated last name along with two middles would be just a big mess. With that many names you really have to be royalty to get away with that.
But hyphenated last names are a huge pet peeve of mine I admit. They are just a mess to figure what to call someone, how to alphabatize their name, too damn long to write the christmas card etc. It’s my issue, clearly. :wink:

And I knew a beautiful teenage girl named [name]Amber[/name] Lightfoot many, many years ago in [name]California[/name] so I think it’s a great name!

Definitely use Lightfoot as her last name. I have to second the [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Imbali suggestion as well. If you are open to breaking up [name]Amber[/name] and Imbali, I think [name]Rose[/name] flows beautifully in between the two!!

It seems complete as is, to me.

Thanks for all the thoughts, I think [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Imbali Lightfoot sounds lovely too, but we are kind of set on having [name]Amber[/name] Followed by Imbali as we thought it had a nice musicality to it and there is an up and coming model [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Le[/name] Bon so would rather not give our [name]Amber[/name] the same name. I think we’ll stick with [name]Amber[/name] Imbali Lightfoot afterall, I’ll save rose for if We have another girl one day, I’m thinking [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfoot :slight_smile:

Still interested in any other opinions if people have them though

Thanks again

[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Corinne[/name]

I don’t know that you need another name with [name]Amber[/name] Imbali, but I don’t care for [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Imbali - the R in [name]Amber[/name] and the R in [name]Rose[/name] don’t flow well. If I were to suggest another middle name, I’d do a simple classic like [name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Jane[/name] Lightfoot. Actually, I really love that!

And, if [name]Amber[/name] ever gets a future sister named [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - lovely, by the way - [name]Lucinda[/name] could have an African-inspired middle name, too, like [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Fana[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfood ([name]Fana[/name] means “jungle”), [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Juba[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfoot ([name]Juba[/name] means “born on [name]Monday[/name]”), [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Kessie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfoot ([name]Kessie[/name] is [name]Ashanti[/name] for “chubby baby”), [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Koffi[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfoot ([name]Koffi[/name] is Swahili for “born on Friday”), [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Maaza[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfoot ([name]Maaza[/name] is Amharic for “essence”), [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Nemy[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfoot ([name]Nemy[/name] means “sweet”), [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Pili[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfoot ([name]Pili[/name] is Swahili for “second-born”), or [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Shany[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Lightfoot ([name]Shany[/name] is Swahili for “marvelous”)…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

oh, I never meant to suggest [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Imbali, I just accidently mixed up names when typing. woops.
In any case. I do agree with everyone best course of action would be just leave it at the [name]Amber[/name] Imbali Lightfoot.
And your right, save the [name]Rose[/name] for your next daughter.

[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Jane[/name] sounds great actually and [name]Jane[/name] is my mothers name so that would be nice for too. So just to be sure can I get votes on:

A: [name]Amber[/name] Imbali Lightfoot
B: [name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Jane[/name] Lightfoot
C: [name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Gardner[/name] Dyer (my maiden name followed by DH’s second last name pheww!)

I like the idea of another sister also having an african name, I think I’d do that for a boy too.

Thanks again for all the advice,

[name]Lara[/name]

[name]Jane[/name] is your mother’s name? [name]How[/name] perfect! I think [name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Jane[/name] Lightfoot is my favorite, then - it gives a nice balance to the name overall and leaves you with plenty of options for future siblings.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

100 votes for option B! What a fab way to get in a 2nd mn, honor your mama, AND have a gorgeous name combo to boot! Great choice.
(minus 100 votes for C…stick with Lightfoot)

[name]Amber[/name] Imbali [name]Jane[/name] Lightfoot sounds great! I would go with that for sure.

Thank you all. This is such a great forum especially when DH gets bored of listening to me harp on about names! :smiley:

Thanks again :smiley: