Selena

hello!
i am still in love with the name selena and i have a few questions for you all! what are the vibes you all get from the name selena? do you like the name? do you feel like it can still be used today? what does it make you think of?
thank you all!!

1 Like

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] is elegant and stylish to me. I think it can totally be used today!

It makes me think of the moon goddess [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and also [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Gomez and [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Quintanilla, so it feels musical and starry. I get imagery of the night sky, stars, high heels, lipstick, and discoballs.
:night_with_stars::mirror_ball::high_heel::crescent_moon::rose::studio_microphone:

1 Like

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] is very pretty, I love it! [name_f]My[/name_f] main association is [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Gomez. Some people might associate it with Selena Quintanilla too. I’d totally love to meet little Selenas!

1 Like

Vibes from [name_f]Selena[/name_f]: sleek and pretty with a hint of something mystical, but also a little glitzy, showbiz quality about it. It makes me think of starry nights, moonlit rivers, the northern lights; but also Y2K fashion, shades of pink, sequins and glitter

[name_m]Can[/name_m] it still be used today? Sure. It’s in the US Top 300, so still in use - and of a similar popularity to [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], [name_f]Camille[/name_f], [name_f]Ariel[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] and [name_f]Delaney[/name_f].

[name_f]Do[/name_f] I like it? I don’t mind it - I prefer [name_f]Celine[/name_f], but [name_f]Selena[/name_f] is pretty too!

1 Like

oh i love the is thank you!!

1 Like

aw thank you!

this is awesome! thank you!

1 Like

It’s beautiful, any name can be used today, Irs the type of name that never seems to die with the times.

I personally prefer the spellings Celina and Selina though! Selena feels a little off for my liking.

1 Like

aw thank you for your thoughts!

makes me think of selena gomez. I prefer Selene/Celine personally because it reminds me of the moon and I think it sounds better, but both can definitely still be used today

1 Like

sometimes i worry about the [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Gomez association but i adore the moon association! thank you for your thoughts!

I’ve always really liked the name [name_f]Selena[/name_f]. The meaning is beautiful :crescent_moon: and it reminds me of the late singer [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Quintanilla.

I don’t think the [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Gomez association is a problem or a big deal. She’s famous but I’ve never heard of her doing anything bad. I don’t think she’s a reason to avoid the name.

I have also seen the spelling [name_f]Selina[/name_f] if you prefer it.

1 Like

awesome! thank you so much for your thoughts! they help so much!

I personally didn’t think of [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Gomez until it was mentioned. It’s such a pretty name and as the previous poster said the meaning is beautiful and fun.

1 Like

i love that! thank you so much!

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Selena[/name_f] and I love its meaning, “Goddess of the Moon.” I think its so pretty. I even went down a little bit of a name rabbit hole and found the name [name_f]Selia[/name_f] (Sel-li-uh) and it has the same meaning [name_f]Selena[/name_f]. I dont think you can go wrong with [name_f]Selena[/name_f]. Its very timeless and elegant

1 Like

oooo i love selia! thank you for your kind words!

1 Like