Sera?

So my husband really loves this and I don’t know why. He likes other names ([name]Ivy[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Mila[/name] …) But he really wants to use this if this baby is a girl. However, I think it will get confused with [name]Sara[/name]/[name]Sarah[/name].

WDYT?
[name]How[/name] does it sound with [name]Jude[/name]?
Would you prefer [name]Serena[/name] nn [name]Sera[/name]?

[name]Sera[/name] is fine. I prefer [name]Sarah[/name] - it’s my twin sister’s name - but [name]Sera[/name] is fine. It looks like a nickname for [name]Seraphina[/name] or [name]Serena[/name], but I’m not a fan of [name]Serena[/name] with [name]Jude[/name].

[name]Jude[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] work well together. And, [name]Sarah[/name] has the darling nickname of [name]Sadie[/name]! Other S names that I think are nice with [name]Jude[/name] are [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Selma[/name].

What is it about [name]Sera[/name] that appeals to your husband?

[name]Sera[/name] means “it will be” in Spanish which is a really nice meaning however it may get mispronounced as se-RAH instead of SARE-a (Like how [name]Sarah[/name] is pronounced…That would be my only concern.

The word [name]Sera[/name] is definitely not pronounced the same as the name [name]Sarah[/name]. That being said I guess you can pronounce it however you want if you end up using it as her name.

I’m not sure how I feel about this as name. I do love the meaning :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Sara[/name].

Not liking [name]Serena[/name], especially with [name]Jude[/name].

Although Serephine or Serephina could work with the nn [name]Sera[/name].

Not liking [name]Ivy[/name]. I like [name]Iris[/name] as an alternative.

[name]Ava[/name] is pretty but popular.

I prefer [name]Mia[/name] to [name]Mila[/name], especially if you aren’t pronouncing the L.

I “ditto” the things already said about [name]Sera[/name]. Because [name]Sera[/name] reminds me of the Spanish “Que [name]Sera[/name], [name]Sera[/name],” I pronounce it differently than I do [name]Sarah[/name]/[name]Sara[/name].

Then again, when I know it’s a nickname, I do pronounce it like I do [name]Sarah[/name]. I love the suggestion of [name]Sera[/name] as a nickname for [name]Seraphina[/name] instead of [name]Serena[/name], and also really love [name]Sarah[/name] with [name]Jude[/name]. (I love [name]Jude[/name]!)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

It looks pretty written down, but I don’t know. I used to be best friends with a girl named [name]Cera[/name] ([name]Sarah[/name]). She ran into so many different pronounciations: [name]Cara[/name], [name]Ciara[/name], [name]Seera[/name], etc. Although your husband’s version at least starts with an S, I can still see it becoming confusing.

[name]Sera[/name] looks to me like it can’t decide whether it wants to be [name]Sierra[/name] or [name]Sara[/name].

I think [name]Sera[/name]'s close resemblance to some other, more popular names would be a constant source of confusion.