Seraphina?

I am really loving [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] for dd but I am worried this would get shorted to Sarah a lot. Thoughts on nickname options? And do you prefer Delilah?

I think Phina would more likely get the proper pronunciation over [name_f]Fina[/name_f] but I do prefer [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] overall.
What about [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] with the nickname Phina? Or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]?
I would probably just pick a different name over actually using Phina as a stand alone.

I like Phina. I personally like nickname names and I think it can stand on its own just fine, and like pp said, Phina is more likely to get the pronunciation you want than [name_f]Fina[/name_f] (and won’t be misread as [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]).

I don’t think that you should feel like you have to use a longer name if you prefer the nickname, just use the nickname! I actually think it looks really pretty written down as well.

As for [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], I am biased because she is on my list! ”

To be honest, it’s very pretty sounding, but it looks super awkward as a stand alone name. I love it as a nickname for [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], though. I love [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] as well.

I know someone whose relative is named this, though I’m not sure if it’s spelled with an i or e. When I first heard it I thought he said “Thena” as in short for [name_f]Athena[/name_f]. Anyway, I think it’s pretty and is totally usable!

I think it looks very strange spelled like that, sorry. Not attractive at all. [name_f]Fina[/name_f] is a lovely name and not uncommon here, but I prefer it as a nickname. The spelling Phina just looks off, I can’t say I like it at all.

I think it’s pretty, but I do think that it will be misheard as [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] a lot. I really like it short for [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], though.

I also like the name [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. [name_u]Bright[/name_u], bouncy and still a little bit quirky, despite the popularity. A similar name which is less popular might be [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]?

To me it looks like a nickname for [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] or [name_f]Josephina[/name_f]. I do prefer it as a nickname. I can’t see it being confused with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] that often since the stress is different.

I prefer [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] overall.

I quite like Phina on its own -it’s cute and quirky.

[name_f]Philomena[/name_f] or [name_f]Josephina[/name_f] could be alternative full names though if you’re looking for one

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is also lovely-lyrical and bright

The only Phina I know has it as a surname. I don’t really like the sound of it. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is gorgeous.

Thank you for your feedback!

I named my daughter [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. We didn’t want to go with [name_f]Sera[/name_f] or Phina for her nickname. We went with the less common Sephy.

1 Like