Serena and Helena

I’ve been thinking about [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] recently and I’m looking for general feedback on and impressions of both. I’m torn on which [name_f]Helena[/name_f] pronunciation I prefer (leaning toward heh-[name_m]LAY[/name_m]-na but not ruling HEL-in-uh out yet). Also, if I used them, they’d have a heavy, three-syllable surname.

I wouldn’t use them both, by the way - it’d be one or the other. My #1 girl name is [name_f]Lila[/name_f] these days, and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] was my #2 but was then used by a friend and feels unusable to me now, so these two are in contention for my #2 spot.

Thanks, Berries!

I love [name_f]Helena[/name_f] the most. It’s soft, beautiful and graceful. However, although I don’t think it would be a problem… I think [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] go better together.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Helena[/name_f], but I’m not sure how I feel about it as a sister to [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. [name_f]Helena[/name_f] feels a little too prim and mature beside light, youthful [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is a better match.

Have you considered [name_f]Selena[/name_f]/[name_f]Selene[/name_f]? Might be a nice middle ground between the two; I really like [name_f]Selene[/name_f] with [name_f]Lila[/name_f].