Serendipity, Seraphina and Pixie

I am convinced that no one likes the name [name]Serendipity[/name] except me. I used to love [name]Seraphina[/name], but I am afraid it is getting too popular.

What do you think of [name]Serendipity[/name] nn [name]Pixie[/name]?

Any other suggestions that are similar or would be good as a FN for [name]Pixie[/name] (just love this right now)

I think it’s cute. I felt the same as you did! With me being the only to like it.

[name]Serendipity[/name] is a really cute word with a cute meaning. I quite like it actually. [name]Pixie[/name] as a nickname is adorable, but I see [name]Seren[/name] as a more obvious one.

I think [name]Pixie[/name] is enough as a first name, it works for [name]Little[/name] [name]Pixie[/name] Geldof. Actually, Trixiebelle nn [name]Pixie[/name] could be sweet.

The only name I can think of is Pipinella, Latin for the plant burnet saxifrage.

I love the idea of a little girl named [name]Pixie[/name] and it’s actually being used here in the UK - I assume because of the singer [name]Pixie[/name] [name]Lott[/name] even though that’s not here real name.

I’d consider [name]Pixie[/name] a lot more if I didn’t love so many other girl’s names beginning with P.

[name]Seraphina[/name] is much better than [name]Serendipity[/name] but I do love the idea of the nn [name]Seren[/name] for the latter.

I love just [name]Pixie[/name] by herself! However…it is quite a big name to live up to even though technically its used describes a little person :slight_smile: I agree it works wonderfully for [name]Pixie[/name] Geldof… but she has an impish beauty and mega famous parents! I think on the right child it could be amazing bit it also could potentially be very awkward!!.
There isn’t really any specific names that intuitively give the nn [name]Pixie[/name]… I think [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Pixie[/name] nn [name]Pixie[/name] works really well or use it in the middle with any name and use it as a nn! Or you could just use it as a nn for [name]Penelope[/name] or another P name. I have heard it suggested as a nn for [name]Josephine[/name] before too… Though again… Not necessarily very intuitive! You could also do a combo like [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] but its a little forced that way!

you could also go with the more classic [name]Beatrix[/name] - [name]Trixie[/name] - [name]Pixie[/name].
Or anything with the ix in it. I think it would work.

Oh wait I just realized Fluzie suggested [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] which is a great idea.

When on name forums, it’s hard to remember how popular a name really is.

149 girls last year were named [name]Seraphina[/name] (100 were named [name]Serafina[/name]). That’s not even close to the top 1000, even with combined spellings.

From your signature, if you do conceive in [name]November[/name] 2013, than the baby would be born in the middle of 2014. It would be next to impossible for [name]Seraphina[/name] to hit it big by then.

Go with the name you love, regardless of popularity. In this case, popularity is non existent, so you have nothing to worry about.

[name]Seraphina[/name] may be popular in the Nameberry world but I don’t think you should worry about the outside world. [name]Serendipity[/name] means a “happy accident” or “pleasant surprise”. I guess a lot of children are conceived unexpectedly but I don’t know if I would want to be reminded of that fact everytime I thought of my name. I don’t like [name]Serendipity[/name] (it’s more the dipity part which makes me think of hair gel aka dippity-do). [name]Pixie[/name] is much too cutesy to take seriously. It’s a haircut or a sprite. [name]Seraphina[/name] would age much better!

My thoughts exactly.

Another vote for [name]Seraphina[/name].

[name]Serendipity[/name] is a cute word and I like the meaning, but I’m not sure I like it as a name…I mean, It’s okay. For [name]Serendipity[/name], I much prefer [name]Seren[/name] for its nn. [name]Pixie[/name] is okay, too, but it’s not a nn that ages very well. The only other name I can think of as a FN for [name]Pixie[/name] is Faerydae, as they both mean fairy. I really like [name]Seraphina[/name].

I much prefer [name]Seraphina[/name], and as said before, its really not that popular in the real world. :wink:

But I do think [name]Serendipity[/name] is extremely fun to say and [name]Seren[/name] would be an adorable nickname. But(again) it also reminds me of an ice cream shop in NYC. :smiley:

[name]Seraphina[/name] is the only name of the three that I like. [name]Serendipity[/name] would likely be teased and called Dippy. And [name]Pixie[/name] is had to take seriously.

Oh, wise berries, you are so right! My idea of poularity totally gets skewed by these forums. I so still [name]Love[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name], especially as a little sister for Cytheria

But ‘[name]Sera[/name]’ is kind of a lame nn, and I am not a huge fan of Phina, so she still might be [name]Pixie[/name].

(all hypothetical of course, but I would love to have 2 little girls!)

My daughter’s name is [name]Scarlett[/name] and we call her [name]Pixie[/name]…she just reminded us of one. I dont think you need a name that sounds or reminds you of [name]Pixie[/name] to use it as a nn.

Sorry, I think it is awful.

My daughter is [name]Serendipity[/name]. We loved it then we love it now. We call her [name]Seren[/name]. But I have to say we call her both. There’s one thing to be aware of when using this name (we found out the hard way) if you have another daughter you have to be prepared with an equally excellent name. You can’t just call daughter #2 [name]Jane[/name].
Oh and my daughter loves her name.

My DD is named [name]Johanna[/name] and was called [name]Pixie[/name] all through school by her friends. Funny little nickname that for some reason suited her to a T, though there were some people who wondered what kind of parent named their child [name]Pixie[/name].

[name]IMO[/name], nicknames don’t need to “fit” the name, only the child.

I love love [name_f]Serendipity[/name_f]… and [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] too as a nick name or first name.
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is a beautiful name too!!

You have some great taste!!

I love both [name_f]Serendipity[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]!
They are so pretty :slight_smile:
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] xx