Service dog names?

I’m thinking about raising a Canine companion puppy… so naturally I’m already thinking about names! I want to use a possibly different bible name, instead of another [name]Max[/name], [name]Lexi[/name], or [name]Macy[/name]. Here’s a few I’m liking:

[name]Zipporah[/name] (Zippy)
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name] ([name]Jemma[/name])
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]

Oh, how wonderful that you have chosen to raise a service dog. Not only will this special canine be a companion for you but you will also be helping others at the same time. I commend you. From your list, I do love [name]Abraham[/name], [name]Zipporah[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name]. Here are some other Biblical suggestions with my faves in bold. Good luck to you!
Females
[name]Delilah[/name] nn [name]Lila[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] nn [name]Abby[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Mehitabel[/name] nn [name]Hettie[/name] or [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Galilee[/name] (Biblical place name)

Males
[name]Samson[/name] nn [name]Sam[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Asa[/name] nn [name]Ace[/name]
[name]Canaan[/name] (Biblical place name with a cool nn of [name]Cain[/name])
[name]Jericho[/name] (Biblical place name)
[name]Cyrus[/name] nn [name]Cy[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] (well, the Biblical name is actually [name]Barnabas[/name])
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Nicodemus[/name] nn [name]Nico[/name]
Maccabee nn [name]Mac[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name] nn [name]Sol[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Zebedee[/name] nn [name]Zeb[/name]

Congratulations on such a worthwhile undertaking.

Research has shown dogs respond best to two syllable call names that end in ‘oh’ or ‘ah.’ That doesn’t mean, of course, you can’t use other names, but two syllables do work best. I do think a service dog should have an amiable, easy to like name, as his/her lifetime owner is not going to change it, right? So you have, in a sense, to please more than just yourself. When choosing a call name, I imagine calling it – as if my dog were lost in the woods. “Diiii—nah!” Does the name work? I also imagine giving commands with that name. “[name]Dinah[/name] sit!” Does it work?

From those proposed so far I like:
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name], call name [name]Jemma[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name], call name [name]Abby[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name], call name [name]Lila[/name]

I personally like [name]Abraham[/name], but I think it is bit long for a call name. I like the nn [name]Bram[/name], but that seems a bit short.

Other ideas:
[name]Jericho[/name], call name [name]Echo[/name]
[name]Barnabus[/name], call name [name]Barney[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name], call name [name]Josi[/name] (pronounced [name]Joe[/name]-sigh)

Best wishes with your service puppy.