Shapeshifter Names

I have a potential female character who is a shapeshifter. They may only change into other people, and the best shapeshifters may transition into animals. I was thinking the last name might be Iden – like Identical, but it didn’t sound right with any names. Any ideas?

Araluen
[name_f]Arianell[/name_f]
[name_f]Chantara[/name_f]
Rusalka
[name_f]Pavati[/name_f]
[name_f]Moselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nahla[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Naida[/name_f]
Maayan
[name_f]Yareli[/name_f]
[name_f]Nayeli[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Anais[/name_f]
[name_f]Aloisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Imani[/name_f]
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Hypatia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]
[name_f]Mahalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Shoshana[/name_f]
[name_f]Halona[/name_f]
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cliona[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Caprice[/name_f]

More ideas ~
Iluka
Eleanora
Cordelia
Kairi
Hollis

I am not sure what style you are looking for (more common/more unique) - but I thought that names with prominent vowel sounds might fit the bill! Good luck :slight_smile:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] listing some names that might sound well with Iden:
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarice[/name_f]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] (I was looking for air/ breeze names)
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f] (I’m trying to stay away from animal-related names, but I thought this could be a pretty option)
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_u]Lex[/name_u] / Bex (kind of androgynous)
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f] / [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Janet[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] / [name_f]Delle[/name_f]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]

Other surname options, if you can’t find names to go with Iden: (disclaimer: I’m not the greatest at coming up with inventive surnames)
Ringer (like “dead ringer”)
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (means “twin”)
Singe (a bit out there but it relates to mimicry, and I thought “Mimic” would be wayyy too on the nose. There could be a joke made if she ever turns into a monkey :p)
Micry / Micree (maybe?)
Simule (as in “simulation” or “simulate”)

Not sure if any of these help at all. I noticed most of the names that go well with Iden did not end in I or N. I like the previous poster’s suggestions, especially [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (I’m a sucker for alliteration).

Good luck!

Thank you for responding! I actually really like Micry/Micree, it goes with more names in general, so that is a very good option. I hadn’t thought of taking the second half of Mimicry. That being said, should I choose Micree for my main character, Iden would probably be given to a secondary character.

Thank you for responding! I love having a lot of options, especially ones I hadn’t thought of before. Many of those sound very good with Iden, and I appreciate the effort you put into the list!