She is here!

Hello Berries,

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to let you know that we welcomed our daughter, [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] Automne Ysee, the 31st of [name_u]March[/name_u]. She decided to show up for her daddy’s birthday!

We hesitated with Esmée for a few days, but [name_f]Liv[/name_f] had a lot of meanings to us. First of all, the name means “life”. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is our rainbow baby and our little flower arrived right when nature comes back to life. It also means “protection” and we thought that was a beautiful message of hope, as she was born during the coronavirus pandemic. Her name will always remind us to stay positive, strong and to keep going no matter what… Especially during hard times, because we are protected and life will be beautiful again. Last but not least, In Norse mythology, [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and her husband were two humans foretold to survive the end of the world and to repopulate it.

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] was my husband’s favorite name. It reminds us [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and english literature. Automne is the french spelling of [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], and fall is our favorite season. Ysee (ee-zay) is a long time favorite. It could have been her name, but it was just too out there and maybe too hard to carry in an english speaking country. It appears in french literature and its origins are from Ancient Greece.

We are keeping Esmée and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] for a hypothetical other baby (in a few years…)

Thank you again for your help! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations! You picked a very pretty name!

Huge congratulations, her name is perfect! I know how much thought and care went into it, and I’m thrilled to hear she’s arrived safe and well during this crazy time. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is a gorgeous and meaningful choice.

FYI, I’ve moved this over into the Birth Announcements forum :slight_smile:

Congratulations! [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is so cute and lively.

Congratulations! [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is such a strong name, despite being so tiny!

I’m so glad you went with [name_f]Liv[/name_f], it’s such a beautiful name and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] Automne Ysee is just perfect! Congratulations!

What an absolutely beautiful name! Congratulations!!

Congratulations! I love how meaningful her name is, makes it even more special! [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] Automne Ysee is gorgeous!

Gorgeous choice-congratulations

What a gorgeous name, and how lovely that she’s sharing a birthday with her dad. Congratulations :slight_smile:

Thank you! (And thanks for moving my thread to the right place. I didn’t know where to post it).

We will obviously use [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] or [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]/Automne. We just added the fourth name because we loved it so much and wanted it to be somewhere, even if we won’t use it. I didn’t want to have any regrets.

I also love that her name starts with a L, like my grand-parents, and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is a mix of my mom’s and my brother’s names. If we take her middle names, it spells [name_f]MAY[/name_f] which was when our first baby was conceived. You might think I’m crazy, but I love all these little signs…

Félicitations! Her name is absolutely gorgeous. I love how meaningful [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is, especially in this time. It’s just perfect. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is gorgeous

Such a lovely name. Congratulations!

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] is so nice!

This announcement is a year old?!

2 Likes