She's Named!!!!

This is our final list. Yay! I am almost full term and want your all’s final pick. [name]Baby[/name] girl is due Sept. 13th and I am ready to wrap it up! Please weigh in. We’ve gone from a list of 8, to 4, to 5, to 3 and these are the FINAL ones. Below are my hesitations. Unfortunately the names aren’t interchangable as it has taken us this far to agree on the combos. Thank you once again!

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - While this is beautiful, it seems too “safe” to me. We both love [name]Audrey[/name], but worry about the popularity. We also both love [name]Elizabeth[/name] but only as a mn as it’s a family name.

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] (Called [name]Willa[/name]) - We don’t like [name]Wilhelmina[/name] as a first name as she might not like it one day, but that also might make it confusing for her. We [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Willa[/name], but not by itself or the full name of [name]Willow[/name] or any other. [name]Sarah[/name] is also a family name that we’d love to pass on. Lot’s of you have said you worry about the flow of [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name], but I think it sounds fine - it’s no [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - but it works fine, I think.

[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] - I don’t know what it is about this name… it sounds great, [name]Frances[/name] is a family name and [name]Evie[/name] as a nn is so precious, but I just can’t see it on a baby. While I love old/vintage names, this might sound too old, if that makes sense. I know [name]Evelyn[/name] is in the top 100 like [name]Audrey[/name], but I don’t think it will ever be as popular as the on-the-rise-[name]Audrey[/name].

Can’t wait to hear all your input! Thank you!

From your final list I think that you are still in love with [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It has nice flow as does [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name]. I think that these two combos would make charming sisters.

Some more choices

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

Some info on [name]Wilhelmina[/name]

The girl’s name [name]Wilhelmina[/name] \wi-lhelmi-na, wilhe(l)-mina\ is of Old [name]German[/name] origin, and its meaning is “will helmet, protection”. The second element of the source phrase literally refers to a helmet. Actress [name]Billie[/name] [name]Burke[/name]; author [name]Willa[/name] Cather.

[name]Wilhelmina[/name] has 54 variant forms: [name]Billa[/name], [name]Billee[/name], [name]Billey[/name], [name]Billie[/name], [name]Billy[/name], [name]Ellma[/name], [name]Elma[/name], Guglielma, Guillelmina, Guillelmine, Guillema, Guillemette, Guillemine, [name]Helma[/name], Helmina, Felmine, Helminette, [name]Min[/name], [name]Mina[/name], [name]Minna[/name], [name]Minnie[/name], [name]Minny[/name], [name]Valma[/name], [name]Velma[/name], [name]Vilhelmina[/name], Villhelmina, Villhelmine, [name]Vilma[/name], Wileen, [name]Willene[/name], [name]Wilhelmine[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]Willabella[/name], [name]Willabelle[/name], [name]Willamina[/name], [name]Willamine[/name], [name]Willeen[/name], [name]Willene[/name], [name]Willemina[/name], [name]Willetta[/name], [name]Willette[/name], [name]Williamina[/name], [name]Willie[/name], [name]Williebelle[/name], [name]Wilmette[/name], [name]Willmina[/name],

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - It’s pretty, but the combo lacks oomph in my humble opinion. [name]Audrey[/name] is pretty popular right now, and I’ve never really liked the sound of it (I just hear ‘laundry’).
[name]Audra[/name] is a nice, chic alternative imo

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] (Called [name]Willa[/name]) - [name]Willa[/name] is absolutely gorgeous. Chic, elegant, cute, spunky and individual. [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] makes a striking combo that will age beautifully. This gets my vote of the three.

[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] - I like this a lot. [name]Evie[/name] makes a cute nickname and [name]Evelyn[/name] makes an elegant ‘grown-up’ name.

I agree with you that [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is just too popular. While it’s a beautiful name, she will meet others with it growing up.
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] is beautiful. I love [name]Willa[/name] for a nn.
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is my favorite of the three. It flows well and has so many nn possibilities as she ages.

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: I agree with another poster that though this is pretty, it “lacks oomph”. I loved the suggestion of [name]Audra[/name]. Second favorite.
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name]: These two together seem a bit stuffy to me.
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name]: beautiful, my favorite by far. The nickname [name]Evie[/name] is very cute.

Good choices and good luck!!!

Thank you for your opinions, ladies!

[name]Elea[/name], you have verrrrry good insight. I, too, like [name]Audra[/name] but my husband does not. I agree [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] lacks pazazz.

[name]Maria[/name], thanks for your thoughts. What to you seems stuffy about [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name]? I’d love to know because to us it sounds classic yet still kind of fun… especially since we’d be calling her [name]Willa[/name].

Thanks again!

Much as I like [name]Audrey[/name], there’s something about the double-e combo in the middle of the name that’s sort of awkward. I like [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] the best of your three - it’s got great flow, and [name]Evie[/name] is sort of an all-ages-appropriate nickname.

[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Willa[/name]?

I don’t like the hell in [name]Wilhelmina[/name].

The “hel” sound in [name]Wilhelmina[/name] doesn’t bother me. I am used to that sound because my mom’s name is [name]Helen[/name].
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is my fave of your three.
Also love [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name].
[name]Don[/name]'t like [name]AudrEY[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] because the two long “e” sounds bump awkwardly into each other imo.

I also like [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] the best. [name]Audrey[/name] is my second choice.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Carter[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]: Yes, it’s on the “vanilla ice cream” side when it comes to playing it safe, but I also think it’s very, very pretty.

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name]: I prefer the flow of your other names, but of the first names on your list, [name]Willa[/name] is my favorite.

[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name]: I personally like [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] better than [name]Evelyn[/name], but I think the flow of [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is amazing!

For flow, I vote for [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] (and I love [name]Evie[/name]), for best-middle-name-as-a-first-name, I vote for the [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] (nn [name]Willa[/name]), and for what I think is the most timeless, I’ll go with [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. (Then again, they’re all pretty timeless.)

If I can only choose one, I actually think I’d go with [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name], because I’d love to be [name]Willa[/name], and [name]Audrey[/name] is pretty popular (as is [name]Evelyn[/name]).

I think that all three combinations are beautiful, and I honestly don’t think you can go wrong.

You could always keep all three combos and see which one fits your baby girl the best after she’s born.

Good luck, [name]Carter[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Susan[/name], I agree with you with the “e” bumping into each other akwardly.

[name]Rollo[/name], thanks for your suggestion, but presenting that to my husband would most likely put us back at square one. =)

[name]Jill[/name], thanks for your thoughts… I was waiting to hear from you. I’m glad you second [name]Sarah[/name] Whilhelmina nn [name]Willa[/name], because we decided on it last night!!!

There are two reasons we came to this decision:

Firstly, there is somewhat of a tradition in my husband’s family that the ladies name their daugther’s [name]Sarah[/name] _____ and they go by the mn (not all of them, by the way). I always thought it was kind of strange and too interconnected, but I now like the thought of the tradition.

Secondly, we actually watched the movie Serandipity last night and the main character in that is [name]Sarah[/name]. This movie, as ridiculous as it is, has such a special place in my heart. My husband and I met while I was living in a different city working for 5 months and was totally alone (no friends or family, let alone a significant other). I didn’t have cable and one of the only DVD’s I had was Serandipity (left by the last tenant) and I watched it over and over and over. Mostly out of boredom and somewhat out of hope. Strangely enough, I met my husband there and I kind of always found it Serandipitous.
I know it sounds entirely lame, but that just sealed it for us.

SOOO, [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] nn [name]Willa[/name] it is!!

We can’t wait to meet her and are so glad we finally have “our” name.

Thank you for all of your input. You all have really been a God send and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without everyone here on namberry! We’ll let you know when she arrives. =)

Thanks again!

I am liking [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] a lot more. All of your name combos are lots of fun. I’m sure that your baby girl will have a lovely name!

What wonderful news, [name]Carter[/name]! :slight_smile: Yea! :slight_smile: And for what it’s worth, I love your reasoning and don’t find it cheesy at all. I’m sure [name]Willa[/name] will love to hear the story of how you arrived at her name.

Please be sure to keep us posted! :slight_smile:

You have chosen a beautiful, beautiful name!!! Our baby girls have the same due date :slight_smile:

They’re all pretty, but I like [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] the best. It has the flow of [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], but the quirkiness of [name]Wilhelmina[/name] and the cute nickname option as well. I love [name]Willa[/name], but am not much of a fan of [name]Wilhelmina[/name] (although I do like the idea of using it in the middle).

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Kristen[/name], Congrats! [name]How[/name] are you feeling? Have you all decided on a name? I’ve seen some of your posts.

Yay! Congrats on deciding! As I said before, it’s such a beautiful name.

My older cousin is called [name]Sarah[/name] and she has told me repeatedly that she loves her name and even though it was hugely popular in [name]England[/name] when she was born (so there were 2 other Sarahs in her class) , she loved it even as a child. The ‘princess’ meaning clinched it for her then, and the simple classic elegance works for her now.

[name]Willa[/name] is just a wonderful and interesting nick. Very refreshing and ‘ahead of the trend’. I think she’ll get a lot of positive comments on it.

Overall, I think it’s a versatile, strong, elegant name with a quirky, cute nickname. It has a lot of meaning for you as well, which I think children always appreciate. I know a lot of people who are annoyed that their parents just picked a name because “it sounded okay”. I think you’ll be giving your little girl a lot of things to love about her name.

congrats - good to have another [name]Willa[/name] in the world!

(Woops! Didn’t read your newest entry before writing this! Good thing I picked your final pick!! Congrats on making a decision!)

I love all your choices! They all flow beautifully and all have special meaning to you, so you really can’t go wrong!

I think I may have to cast my vote for [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name], nn [name]Willa[/name]. [name]Willa[/name] is so fresh and feminine, and I actually quite like the combo of [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name]. I’m not a fan of the name [name]Sarah[/name] (it’s ridiculously common here), but for some reason I really like this choice!