Short names for Alexandria? Can you call her Ellie instead of Allie?

I like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] but I love [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]. What other short forms of [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] are there and would I be able to use [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] instead of calling her [name_u]Allie[/name_u]?

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is sort of a stretch and I feel like a lot of people would end up mixing it up with [name_u]Allie[/name_u] once they learnt her full name, but I still think it’s usable
Some nicknames: Aleca, [name_u]Lex[/name_u], [name_u]Lexie[/name_u], [name_f]Ria[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], Xana, [name_u]Andy[/name_u], [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Leni[/name_f], [name_f]Lexa[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Ania[/name_f].
Also, if her middle name starts with a J she could be AJ, if it starts with a V you could call her AV (ay-vee) etc

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] are a bit of a stretch for [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f], but if you always introduce her as [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Ella[/name_f] she’d end up being called that all the time, with [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] just for the birth certificate. I don’t know any Alexandrias but I’ve known many Alexandras and they’ve always introduced themselves as/gone by [name_u]Alex[/name_u] or [name_f]Ally[/name_f] or whatever other nickname; it almost wouldn’t matter what their full name was because it rarely got used anyways.

You should be prepared though for the fact that she might prefer [name_u]Allie[/name_u] (or another nn that’s not [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]/[name_f]Ella[/name_f]) when she’s older. If you really want her to be [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]/[name_f]Ella[/name_f] for sure, just use that. They’re perfectly valid to use as given names in their own right, and given how both are quite popular they’re definitely accepted as full names!

[name_f]Andie[/name_f], [name_f]Addie[/name_f], Dria and [name_f]Ria[/name_f] could also work as nicknames, but you’d probably have the same problems as with [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]/[name_f]Ella[/name_f] anyways because [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_f]Ally[/name_f]/[name_u]Allie[/name_u] are more intuitive and expected.