Shortlist - help!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

We are struggling with a girl’s name, mostly because we are convinced we are having a boy.But we decided we should have a few names up our sleeve just in case :slight_smile:

Can you help give by giving your opinions on the following? We like [name]Rose[/name] for a middle name, so it’s just the first name we need help on…

We like:

[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eveline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Eve[/name] for short)
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (partner not so keen, but I like it as it’s after my Gran!)
[name]Yasmine[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Neva[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (pronounced Nay-va)

We also liked [name]Eilidh[/name], but the surname is quite long so we thought it would be too difficult with the spelling. [name]Emmeline[/name] is another possibility, with [name]Emmy[/name] for short.

Thanks x

My two favorites are [name]Amelie[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name]. I feel both have history and class while still being feminine.

Good [name]Luck[/name]! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I like both of them as well - will discuss further with my partner - it’s hard to pick a name we both like…I also liked [name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name] (love Shakespearean names!) but these were quickly veto-ed.

I like [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. DH wanted to use [name]Mairi[/name] for our first (he’s Scottish) but I’m Canadian and just can’t say it as nicely as he does, which made me think my family would butcher the pronunciation.

I think you said you were Scottish? I if you live in [name]Scotland[/name] then [name]Mairi[/name] [name]Rose[/name] definitely gets my vote.

My favorites are [name]Eveline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (would spell it [name]Evelyn[/name]) and [name]Yasmine[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (which I would spell [name]Jasmine[/name], but its your choise :wink: )

Thanks for that - yes, we’re in the UK and both Scottish, although living in [name]London[/name]. The way the Scots say [name]Mairi[/name] (i.e. how we would say it) seems to suit the accent the best, although it’s still a nice name however it’s pronounced (i think!) [name]Rose[/name] also goes well with it I think.

I do like [name]Eveline[/name] as well but would pronounce it Ev-eh-leen, which is why I think that would be the spelling.

Also still hankering after [name]Eilidh[/name] (pronounced ale-y) but the surname is fairly long and wouldn’t want people to think we hated our child :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eveline[/name], [name]Amelie[/name] and [name]Yasmine[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! Also [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is very pretty but it reminds me of [name]Emily[/name] [name]Rose[/name]…The exorcism of.

[name]Amelie[/name] is probably my favourite, it’s so charming and feminine:)

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]